35

Jimin woke up to the faint sound of whispering across the room

Jimin woke up to the faint sound of whispering across the room. He kept his eyes closed because the bring light of the sun was blinding even through his eyelids, and he didn't want the people behind the hushed voices to notice he's awoken. He tried to hear what was being said, but ultimately gave up.

He slowly cracked his eyes open, blinking a few times and lifting his hand to block the sunlight from his eyes. He shifted slightly in the bed and groaned when he felt the soreness of his lower body. That seemed to notify whoever else was inside the room of his consciousnes because the whispers stopped.

"Jimin?" he heard the worried voice of his roomate and best friend.

"H-hey." Jimin's voice came out raspy as the other male helped him to sit a little more upright, positioning the bed just right.

Yoongi came over with a glass of water with his lips formed into a soft smile. "Hey Jiminie."

It took a moment for everything to sink in after just waking up. He took a moment to look around the room. He was in the hospital. He went into labor yesterday. His baby... Where's his baby?

Before he could ask the urgent question, Dr. Lee stepped forward, making her presence known. "Hi Jimin, how are you feeling this afternoon?"

That's right. He must've slept through the entire morning since he pushed clear through the middle of the night. He finished taking a couple sips of the water before handing it back to the father of his son. "G-good, I guess... Where is he?"

She flashed the boy a sad smile before she spoke. "Your son is okay. He's in the NICU." Jimin's shoulders instantly slouched with a bit more relief, but he knew the 'But' what coming. "But because he was born several weeks early, his lungs are severely weak and it's difficult for him to regulate his body temperature. I am estimating that we will have to keep him here for a couple weeks before he will be strong enough to be taken home" she explained.

Jimin nodded in understanding, but he would be lying if he said he wasn't scared. He's also heartbroken that he can't take his baby home with him right away, but he wants nothing more than for his son be healthy.

"When can I see him?" The new mother just wanted to hold his baby already.

Dr. Lee cooed at his eagerness. "I promise that you can see him here shortly. We just want to be sure that you are completely checked out first. You had a very rough labor. It progressed quite quickly compared to what's considered normal. It was very hard on your body. I will have nurses in here shortly to check on you, and then I would like to make sure that you have eaten."

The disappointment was obvious from Jimin's facial expression. He didn't care about himself right now. He just cared about his son, but he will listen to whatever she says if it allows him to meet his son sooner.

The nurses shuffled in shortly after Dr. Lee left the room. They checked his heart monitors and his temperature. One of the nurses even checked down below, where he had to have a couple stitches from where he recieved a small tear during labor, making sure that everything was stitched correctly and there was not chance of a possible infection. He blushed. It wasn't as awkward when he was in the middle of labor pains, but now it made him a little uncomfortable to have a stranger looking down there.