30

Taehyung and Hoseok sat close by at the kitchen bar, that was visible from the living area because Jimin was the most comfortable that way

Taehyung and Hoseok sat close by at the kitchen bar, that was visible from the living area because Jimin was the most comfortable that way. Yoongi and Jimin sat on opposite sides of the bulky couch, hesitantly about to have the conversation that is going to change both of their lives forever; a conversation that should have happened a long time ago.

Out of habit, Jimin anxiously picked at his fingernails, sinking further into the couch to allow himself to be more comfortable. Yoongi was disappointed that Jimin had decided to cover his body back up with the blanket. He wanted to see the bump that concealed his baby. It was miraculous and scary to him at the same time.

Neither one knew what to say and there were certain discussions they both wanted to avoid, but knew some of them couldn't be.

"S-so what happens now?" Yoongi broke the silence with a valid question.

Jimin sighs because that was such a difficult question to answer at the moment. He wasn't prepared for the ambush tonight, nor has he thought about what he wanted if Yoongi were to ever find out. "To be honest with you, I don't have much of an answer for that right now. I think we will have to take o-one thing at a time. I-I'm honestly a little overwhelmed right now."

"Okay... that's fair" Yoongi nodded, wanting to keep the conversation as calm as possible. "Let me start with easier, basic questions." He waited for Jimin's indication that it was alright to continue. "How far along are you then?"

"I just hit 7 months" the smaller mumbled.

Yoongi raised his eyebrow, doing the math in his head. "So you don't have too much longer until they're born." He gestered to the other's belly. "I-Is it a boy or a girl?"

"A boy." Jimin placed a maternal hand on his belly.

The answer made the older tear up all over again. "I-I have a s-son?" his lips trembled.

Jimin slowly nodded, as his eyes watered as well.

It was still so difficult for Yoongi to wrap his head around the fact that in a couple short months, he was going to be a father. He was going to be a father to a little boy, but it stung that he just found out about it this evening. He's missed out on most of his child's development in the womb. He would've been there from the instant the pregnancy was discovered if he could.

"I just wish you would have told me sooner... instead I had to find out from Taehyung and Hoseok tonight at a bar..." Yoongi mumbled. "Why didn't you tell me?"

At that question, Jimin already found himself a bit annoyed. The calm atmosphere wasn't going to last. "Yoongi, why would I want to tell you after we were... together... and that day...? I don't have any trust towards you left." Jimin scrunched his eyes at the thought of what had happened. After all of the years he had spent alongside the older and all the trust that had been built had all bit the dust the moment Yoongi had raped him.