25

It's late December, and the winter is coming in strong

It's late December, and the winter is coming in strong. The chill in the air is cold enough to bring out the thick winter coats and the wool socks to avoid frost bitten toes. With the cold season, snow is welcomed, which is always such a beautiful sight as it falls delicately on the bare branches and covers the ground. University students shuffle from building to building in herds to stay warm, snuggled up in their coats, scarves and hats.

Jimin made it safely inside the cafeteria, though he shivered as he stepped inside. As he took a few deep breaths, you could still see the steam come off of it from the freezing air.

He was the first of his friends to enter, so he made his way to their usual table and made himself comfortable or as comfortable as possible. His feet have been serioulsy killing him lately. Taehyung has graciously given him several foot massages within the past week to try and ease some of the pain.

Jimin took off his bulky coat and set it on the back of his seat. He was thankful for his coat most days since it covers his undeniable bump, but he gets too hot in the cafeteria to keep it on through lunch. He hopes the table conceals it enough.

It was peaceful inside the canteen because most students haven't arrived yet, so Jimin used that as an opportunity. He glanced around the room to make sure no one was watching before he placed a light hand on his belly in such a loving and maternal way. He's almost 20 weeks along, so he can now feel slight movements from the baby, and he loved it.

He smiled adoringly, down at his round stomach, as he felt little flutters around where is hand is resting. He rubbed his belly, and the baby returned little fluttering kicks in greeting. "Hello love. You're always sleeping until mommy finally sits down to rest" Jimin whispered with so much tenderness in his voice.

"Motherhood suits you."

Jimin jumped and instantly removed his hand, but his shoulders relaxed again once he saw Hoseok sit beside him. He was informed by Seokjin that everyone in their friendship group was in the know now, except for Yoongi. This at first made him nervous, but it's been proving to be more of a relief than anything. Hiding secrets from your friends is hard.

"Hobi hyung, please don't sneak up on me like that. You about gave me and my baby heart attacks!" he complained to his older friend.

Hoseok cooed at the shocked, soon-to-be mother. "Sorry, Chim." He planted himself down next to the younger, placing his lunch box in front of him. "I wasn't trying to scare you, but you should probably be careful. There are always some wandering eyes, and what if that would've been Yoongi hyung instead of me?"

The pregnant male huffed, but he knew that Hoseok was right. "I think it's okay though. There aren't very many people in here yet, and I made sure no one was looking" Jimin reassured.

The older hummed in understanding, but he didn't seem so sure. "Oh, just letting you know, Yoongi will probably sit here again. I just wanted to give you heads up" Hoseok informed.