Scene 4 - Collecting minerals

With the Eagle safely parked, the crew begin emerging one by one out with their massive oxygen suits. Sandra is fascinated and dazzled by the planet's texture under her feet and bounces upon it.

Sandra:

Gravity is just like Earth's.

Commander Koenig:

Alright, stay close to the Eagle. Don't go too far away.

They begin separating, wandering off in different directions. Paul and Sandra however take seemingly similar paths. Inside the Eagle, Alan crosses his arms grumpily whilst reporting back to Alpha.

Alan:

Eagle 9 to Alpha. Landed on planet, collecting minerals now.

David:

Roger Alan. Leave immediately if there is any strong storm approaching.

Alan:

Got that David. I'm going to keep an eye on it. Over an out. Now I'm just sat here whilst the others explore out again.

Commander Koenig, Dr. Russel, Professor Bergman are scattered around, collecting several types of minerals, bits of fruits hanging off trees and the vegetables being dug up out of the ground. However, Paul and Sandra have drifted over somewhere else. The same direction. Another tree with oranges and apples hanging off their branches and leaves. Sandra pulls out an orange, playing with it and the gravity.

Sandra:

It's an orange Paul!

Paul:

I never expected to see another orange on any other planet.

Sandra:

It's wonderful here. Just like Alan said, it's just like Terra Nova.

Paul:

You know, I feel really rather calm and peaceful here on Varga.

Sandra:

Me too. We ought to collect these up. I don't remember the last time I ever had an orange, Paul.

Paul:

Neither do I.

Sandra:

Paul, when do you think we will find a new home?

Paul:

I imagine one day soon, Sandra.

Sandra:

We can't stay too long here though. Otherwise the moon will drift off and we won't be able to get back.

Paul:

One day, Sandra. One day.

Koenig is calling to the astronauts.

Commander Koenig:

This is Koenig. Return to the Eagle. Return our required stock for now.

Paul:

We haven't even collected anything yet!

Sandra:

Come on, Paul.

They return to the Eagle. However, Dr. Russel has found something, staring deep down a massive pit, leading somewhere that she tries to make out, leading into more blackness. She digs through the vines and plants as it leads down and down. Eventually, she dismisses this and returns to the others. They reunite.

Commander Koenig:

Ok, take this back to the Eagle. Then we will collect more minerals and samples.

Helena notices that there is a brush of wind on some of the vegetation. Alan contacts them.

Alan:

JOHN! THERE IS A WIND APPROACHING!

Commander Koenig:

QUICK! BACK TO ALPHA!

They quickly rush back, but it was too late! The wind had hit them! It blows and winds and spins and spins, sending them spinning in the dangerous hurricane, with all sorts of debris and many and many other bits whirling around powerfully. The fall down from the horrifying power. It blows the Eagle away as Alan tries to fight against it with his craft.

Alan:

COMMANDER! SHE'S GOING!