Scene 13 - Return to Varga

Now the time has passed. The Eagle has quickly returned back to the planet.

Commander Koenig:

Alright Alan, take her in. We aren't wasting any time now.

Alan:

We still need to find where we last landed.

Commander Koenig:

I know the planet has rotated!

Alan:

Got it! We're homing in on our last position!

The Eagle begins orbiting around the planet, zooming around the other side and diving straight in – to a massive black cloud of the storm!

Commander Koenig:

Alan, as soon as that storm has cleared land us straight down and get out.

Alan:

Roger Commander.

Commander Koenig:

The others are standing by.

The storm is quickly beginning to disappear, it swifts away north of the planet. Now, the time was ready! The Eagle rockets down to the planet, and the exact same spot it appears it is beginning to land at. The Commander jumps out of his seat and runs around to the others, they all stand by with their guns armed and ready for the unexpected. Their suits are also closed and fitted for the airless vacuum.

Sandra:

Commander? How are we going to get them to talk?

Commander Koenig:

Just you wait Sandra. They will have to tell us.

Alan calls out on the radio.

Alan:

Landing now Commander!

The Eagle touches down on the planet, the door is opened as the Alphans rush out quickly.

Dr. Russel:

This way!

Alan:

The storm is coming back this way!

Commander Koenig:

Then get out of there now Alan!

Paul:

Let's get to that entrance. If that storm hits us we're as good as dead.

Helena finds the entrance once again, she runs through it, followed by Sandra and Paul.

Commander Koenig:

Come on Victor! That storm is approaching any second!

Victor:

Almost there!

They both make it in time. The Eagle's rocket boosters blast and the craft rise magnificently vertically. Then, the storm returns. Gushing and whooshing, everything spins and everything is caught up in the power of it. The Eagle Transporter tries blasting upwards but is continuously thrown forward further and further in the storm. Alan fights it off. Finally, the craft is able to turn vertically and reaches back up to space, where it is now safe from the storm. Once the Eagle reaches out of the atmosphere, it turns back around and looks upon the planet. The storm he had just escaped continually grows bigger and bigger across the surface of Varga. The others thankfully have made it into the catacombs alive.

Alan:

Eagle 9 to Koenig.

Commander Koenig:

Koenig. You escaped just in time again Alan.

Alan:

I know. We've been dead lucky so far. Listen, up here from space, the storm is getting bigger and bigger all the time. I'm not sure if that storm is going to settle down for me to pick you up out of there.

Commander Koenig:

Don't worry Alan. We're not beaten yet. But be ready in case the storm has cleared and we have found the answer to our problem back on Alpha to hurry down and pick us back up.

Alan:

Copy that Commander. Good luck down there.

Commander Koenig:

Thanks. Right, come on!

He leads as he holds his gun forward, ready for action. The walls light up. Paul, Victor, Dr. Russel and Sandra all quickly follow behind. They had no time to lose. Every second was going to count.