Scene 16 - Commander, we can't hold out much longer!

The Eagle – somewhere in space. Somewhere between Varga and the sort of direction that the moon aimlessly wonders to. The passenger bay – Turab and Lara are sat on the right where Paul holds them at gunpoint with the laser being pointed directly at them. Victor, Helena and Russel sat to his sides. The two prisoners remain silent. Not uttering a word. The Commander and Alan try to locate the moon on the deck.

Alan:

She followed this sort of flight path.

Commander Koenig:

Then it shouldn't be much longer.

Alan:

There it is!

The moon has been spotted! They approach the white ball floating away from them as the Eagle races to it.

Commander Koenig:

Right. How are we doing for fuel?

Alan:

We should have just enough.

Commander Koenig:

It's done well to last us this far. I don't remember any Eagle travelling so far in space before.

Alan:

And we're tearing the motors now!

Commander Koenig:

Victor, we're approaching the moon. Stand by!

Victor:

Standing by Commander!

Commander Koenig:

Eagle 9 to Alpha, do you read me?

David:

Commander? You made it!

John and Alan to each other. The voice sounded croaky and weasley, gasping for air.

Commander Koenig:

Hang on there Kano! We're nearly there!

David:

Commander... The plant... Couldn't... Couldn't fight... it.

Commander Koenig:

A few more minutes Kano. Just a few more minutes!

The Eagle has reached the moon, flying around and spotting Alpha, or what the plant has done to it.

My god! Kano, you still alive there?

David:

Commander... It eats us... One... By one...

Koenig jumps up and prepares to leave.

Commander Koenig:

Right, I'm going down there. Alan, you need to fend off the plant from up here.

Alan:

What are you going to do?

Commander Koenig:

I'll have to jet-pack down onto the moon and get the Gift and spray it at the heart of that plant. That is the only way it can be killed completely!

He leaves. The plants begin writhing again, because the Eagle is flying around above the base, so the plants know. John has arrived at the others.

Ok, Victor the Gift. Paul, get your jet pack on.

The girls hold the prisoners at gunpoint still. Victor hands Koenig the Gift of Lyrris.