Lelouch meets Near

Lelouch's POV

    Yesterday was a total mess! Apparently teaching people how to cook is harder than I thought. You'd think that someone who's lived for hundreds, maybe thousands of years would know how to cook. Well, today is a new day and I'm pumped for anything life throws at me.

    "Hey, do you think our house might still exist in this time period?" I asked her. "The house was surrounded by a farm, and the house was made of straw, dirt and wheat, probably not." She thought. "Well, it's early in the morning, I'm up for an adventure. How bout you?" I suggested. "Sure, why not. But first, I need you to feed me." She begged in a fetal position. "Fine," I sighed.

    Later that day, we drove a taxi over to the library. "Good afternoon! How may I help you today?" A librarian asked. "Do you have any records of what's happened from the year 2018 a.t.b. to now?" I asked. "What are you talking about? It's 2015 right now." The librarian was confused. "I said 2018 a.t.b.!" I raised my voice. "Oh, you're talking a.t.b. not a.d. Please wait just a second. We use a.d. here, it makes it easier on the staff." The librarian left his desk and walked into a maze of corridors. "Head to the second floor on the right, go to the nonfiction isle!" He yelled. "Thanks!" I yelled back. "Umm.. Where do I go?" I asked myself. Oh yeah, the second floor. That's weird, they don't use a.t.b. in this time period? I'll keep note of that.

    When we go up the stairs, we get off at the second floor and roam everywhere. "I'm not sure where to go, do you know?" I asked. "Nope, not a clue." C.C. responded. We went right, like he said and started looking for the nonfiction section. We found nonfiction books in the isle but we didn't find anything on 2018 a.t.b. Maybe we're looking for the wrong year. I decided to go onto a computer and look up the time period.

    Apparently here, they use what was rejected in my time, the Gregorian calendar. Everything's the same except that they're calendar started when this dude named Jesus was born. The year is 2015 a.d. or 2070 a.t.b. We found an encyclopedia telling of the events that have happened between 1950-2000.

    As we looked through the encyclopedia, we saw some of the events that occured back in my time. It told us about Zero, the Black Knights, and Britannia. Although, something was off about the events in the book. Some of the things it included were that the Black Knights was a terrorist organization who tried to take over Earth, Charles Zi Britannia was abducted, etc. Like, what is this? Are these the kind of things that the world has known for? If anything, I killed Charles. We didn't try to take over the world. History is definitely not written as it should be. I don't understand how they can misinterpret something so obvious. For example, it mentions in the book that I was an orphan.

    I close the encyclopedia and grab a story book telling about the life of Zero. The book says that I bribed people to do what I wanted! I guess the government doesn't want people knowing about the power of geass. The book only tells about events that were witnessed by millions but it makes up an alibi to fill in the blank. Who wrote this? I close the book and glance at the author's name. It was written by Touta Matsuda.

    I decide to look into this Matsuda guy, apparently he was a detective who worked on the Kira investigation but died of a heart attack after Kira returned. I might as well research this Kira dude and figure out what all this commotion is about. It seems that Kira killed anyone who got in his way. It also mentions that he has a fandom of followers.

    It says here that Kira was a highschool student named Light Yagami. Light Yagami was shot to death on **/**/**. On some news articles, they suggest that Kira has returned from the dead to continue judging criminals. They say that Kira kills people using heart attacks, but I think he can do more than just heart attacks. The world's top detective, L, decided to investigate the case. His whereabouts are unknown, but rumor has it that he operates in a hotel room.

    Wait a second! That time when I passed that room and I heard people talking about the Kira case. L was in that room! I advance my research as I ponder on this new discovery. Perhaps, I can help catch Kira or maybe I could help Kira by killing L. Hmmmm..................Kira has the power to kill people by knowing both their face and name. Nothing else is known about Kira's mysterious power to kill. Perhaps, he has the power of geass! "Not much is known about this Kira is there? However, their power to kill sounds a lot like they have the geass." She commented.

    "Yeah, I was thinking the same thing." I concurred with her. Perhaps I should meet this Kira myself. If I were to do so, where would I even start. Light Yagami was the original Kira and he's dead. If the person killing people now is someone else, than I really have no leads. For now, I think I'll call it a day. "I believe we're ready to leave." I informed C.C. as I shut off the computer. As we stepped out, a saw an ominous figure on the left corner of the library.

    I briskly walked over to the corner but I seemed to have lost track of the person. "Where are we going?" C.C. asked me. "Thought I saw somebody. Let's head back to the hotel." I continued trying to find a clue to where the person might've went. We decided to go back to the hotel room. I continue to ponder as what to do. I need to think.

    "I'll be on the balcony if you need me." I tell her as I stepped onto the balcony porch. A lot has changed since my time period. I wonder if they still use knightmares. I spectate the people passing by below me. Within this crowd, I see the same ominous figure as before. Is the person watching me?

    I exit the hotel to try to track him down. Once again, I've failed to find him. This time however, I got a better look of the person. They were wearing a black leather coat jacket, the style entails that the person was a male that might ride a motorcycle. He was wearing black sunglasses, he also wore leather boots.

    All of the sudden, a massive blunt force struck me in the head and I fell incapacitated. I wake up in a hotel room. Everything around me looks similar to my hotel room, this is probably the same hotel I've been staying at. I glance at my right and I notice phones, guns and ID badges in a basket. I look over in front of me and I see men in suits except two. One of them was a female and the other one was a small frigid male. He appeared to be an adolescent. He had white hair, he wore a ruffled white shirt. He was biting his lip, he was sitting on a couch in a strange manner. He must be L!

*I'm sorry it took me so long to write this but schoolwork and many other stressful things have distracted me recently. The story may seem sloppy and typed with haste, but I've been writing in chops and pieces so it may not exactly make sense.