5

Sleeping through the next two periods, only waking up to the sound of the bell. Completely exhausted from forcing her eyes and mind to wonder awake late through each night. Her teacher's always left her alone since she passes the class and never disturbs anyone.

Miko notices this, along with Jack who's in Lena's 5th period. Both curious as to why she's always dozing off in all her classes along with her reaction to any questions asked. 

Before when Jack tried to ask why she was bleeding, she simply yelled that it wasn't their business and took off running. Then there was Miko's encounter when Lena yanked her hand back screaming not to touch her. That's why, somehow, they convinced the 'bots to sneak into Lena's bag to find out and see if they can help her somehow. Of course, the one who originally came up with the idea was Miko, being the curious rocker she is.

The three 'bots that volunteered to sneak into her bag was Arcee, Wheeljack, and one that surprised everyone, Optimus. Arcee wants to figure this out as well because Lena reminds her of herself after Arachnid offlined her old partner before Cliffjumper, Tailgate. Wheeljack simply said that he's curious about her actions. Meanwhile, Optimus said something very Prime-like. "If this child is truly being tormented, then it is our duty as this planet's protectors to save her from this predicament."

The plan was all set. Jack would distract Lena before she got up from her seat and Miko would place the 'bots in her backpack while she wasn't looking. So far the only difficult part would be keeping the conversation going long enough for them to do it. 

-------------------

At last, the bell rang. Lena groggily opens her eyes, yawning, watching as kids quickly pack up and head out the door while she processes the fact that school's over for the day. Pushing back her chair, stretching her arms after cramping them by using them as a makeshift pillow before a familiar tall sheepish boy gains her attention.

"What do you want?" she asks, wanting this to be over already. Completely unaware of the exchange student crawling on all fours towards her backpack resting against her desks front leg. Slowly and quietly unzipping it, placing the three 'bots inside, whispering 'good luck' to them.

"I uhhm, wanted to know if... if you wanted to hang out sometime," Jack coughs. Placing her body's weight on one leg, looking sorely unconvinced before grabbing her backpack, seeing the exchange student on the floor giving her an odd smile, "Uh hi! I'm err.. counting the wads of gum under your desk?" Not being entirely sure about her own excuse. Jack facepalms himself.

Lena shakes her head at the two's oddity. "Look, I don't appreciate people wasting my time, now if you excuse me, I have to head back to the orphanage." Storming out of the room. 

"You think the 'bots will make it?" asks Miko.

"Definitely. Especially since Optimus is with them. Anyways my mom is picking us up and bringing us to base. Let's just hope Ratchet found a cure."

------------------

Taking an extra twenty minutes to buy two vanilla cupcakes for her and Alex. Earlier she called into work saying that she has an emergency and wouldn't be able to come into work today. Ms. Elias understood and said that she hopes everything is alright. 

Opening the orphanage door, greeted by Alex tackling her and hugging her legs, seeing as how he's quite short for his age due to the lack of food in our systems. "Lena! I got you a present!" he holds up a drawing of two stick figures holding hands. One with black outlines on the hair and the other with brown curls spiraling down. Both with large smiley faces. Holding the image, kissing her brother on the forehead. "Thank you, Alex, I love it. Is Leo here?"