7

Awaking to the blinding light of the morning sun, tiredly slipping out of the covers when Lena notices a familiar tug on her arm. Looking over to her brother still sleeping and keeping a tight hold on her, as if she were going to disappear forever.

No matter how old he gets he's still the same. Quietly chuckling at her brother's toddler behavior that he only acts around her. Slipping out of his grasp, reaching her arms for the ceiling, stretching until she heard the familiar 'pop' of her bones. Ruffling through the drawers to find a pair of clothes to wear for today. Lena settled on an orange long-sleeved shirt and black jeans.

Deciding to do something different with her hair for today, tying her hair up in a high ponytail, her hair swaying with each movement.

So far there is barely anything of pyrokinesis flaws and ice flaws. As if they only exist once every hundred years. She always thought it was just a coincidence and that their flaws had never been caught that often, but even she has hoped that she'd meet another mutant more skilled in this category than her, to help her control her anger so it doesn't control her.

Brushing her teeth, keeping her eyes on her hands, studying them for a reason that just felt like a call of her heart, to study her abilities. To gain more knowledge on it, to expand her tricks other than just lighting candles or making small animals out of them. Her anger can bring out more flames along with fear, any emotion really, but she suppressed it in case if she accidentally burns someone. Meaning that the more she suppressed her emotions, the less she'll be able to use her flaw even as it grows stronger with each passing day. Which is why she must control them. During some breaks during school to research more about flaws by reading books in the library with the excuse 'If I ever run into a mutant, I want to know how to defend myself' to the questionable librarian.

Setting the toothbrush back down on the counter, rinsing out her mouth. Eyeing her brother still sound asleep, sighing, having to say the usual in order to get him up. "Oh no! It's a giant spider!"

Alex immediately gets up and starts shrieking, jumping on the bed, thinking the spider is on him. Laughing her butt off, rolling on the floor in tears, "Oh my god I can't believe you always fall for that!"

Face beat red, Alex throws Lena's red pillow at her face to muffle some of the laughs, "Not funny, Lena! Can't you wake me up normally?"

"Oh?" he can hear her coy smile from behind the pillow-shield, "And where would the fun be in that? Besides, it gets you up, doesn't it?" Making her point, Alex can't exactly argue that it didn't.

Grumbling, hopping off the bed, grabbing a shirt and pants, closing the bathroom door to change in peace. "Brush your teeth, you're not getting any cavities on my watch," clamoring on the other side, hearing her brother's faint 'okay' slightly drowned by the sound of the faucet running.

Packing her textbooks and notebooks in her bag, making sure she had all her homework. Once it was all packed, she carefully picks up the three toys who... were laying down? Weren't they standing up last night? Maybe the wind blew them over, she did leave the window open. But... they're front-up, not laying face-first into the desk. Odd.

Placing in the red and blue one first, then the white one, and then the female. Zipping up her back securely. "Everything's set. Alex, are you ready? It's almost 7."

"Hold on, I can't find my socks."

"I told you to organize your stuff."

"Can you help me instead of nag?"

"Found them, they were under your shorts. As I said, organize your stuff."

Lena puts on her usual red sneakers as Alex puts on his blue ones. Swinging their bags over their shoulders to start heading out before the creature awakes.