18

"P-pl-please st- AAAUUUH-!-" loud cries, choked sobs, the screams were ear-piercing yet other times were caught in the person's throat. The mutant couldn't use their strength to pull out of the restraints. Not when the metal was vengestone. 

They were forced to stay awake through the current procedure, watch as scientists poked and prodded their intestines and organs, finding what makes them tick. What made them special. Weaknesses. Strengths. Taking tissue samples. Seeing how organs work. How their blood flows when their flaw is in usage. 

Behind the scenes, on the other side of the wall behind a window concealed to look like a mirror on the other side, stands Silas. Unempathetically looking at the sight of the mutant child, no more than 12 or 13, scream on the metal table. The only light over them during the vivisection(dissection on a being when they're alive) is a large, and very bright, light one would see in hospital surgery rooms. "Sir, the pet has come in contact with the pyrokinetic. He's asking for what he should do next," reports one of his numerous soldiers, dressed in the same uniform as the others except for the scientists, who dress in the same colors but with more of a buttoned-up lab-coat style.

 He's asking for what he should do next," reports one of his numerous soldiers, dressed in the same uniform as the others except for the scientists, who dress in the same colors but with more of a buttoned-up lab-coat style

Silas created MECH to oppose the United States government. To create a new world order where the ones with the highest technology will be the ones winning the war. And the side with the highest technology. Will. Be. MECH. The rest of the world knows of them as 'hunters' since they do not know anything of them besides the fact that they have been hunting mutants for the last four decades(40 years) to find out how they tick, to use their abilities against the rest of the world. 

Until now, they hadn't found any way to control a mutant without Vengestone but it would only halter their ability and they couldn't use it to enhance their flaw either or else they'd use it against the organization. So Silas turned to different ideas. 

Once a mutant was found useless after their vivisections and tests, if they survived, they'd be given to whoever pays the highest bid. Many, and he means MANY wealthy people around the globe would do anything to have a mutant in their grasps, to control them, manipulate them with fear by using a simple chip embedded in their brains. The owner has the other half of the device, a detonation button. If the mutant refused whatever the owner wishes, the owner pressed the button and a high electrical frequency is shot through the brain. Shutting it off. Forever. Bye-bye mutant. 

"Has he gained her trust?"

"He believes he has since she spoke of her brother and of her ability."

Interrupted by another scream from the mutant in the other room, begging for them to stop, to sew back up his chest, for the cruelty to be done with. Displeased with the interruption, "Doesn't matter, as long as he's able to cheat her into my grip, he is of use."

---------------------------------------------

For the last few weeks, Jordan and Lena became quite close, mainly because of their comparison to mutant heritage and interests in different flaws. And within those few weeks, Lena has become slightly closer with the 'bots, Jack, Miko, and Raf. But she still isn't that keen on showing her emotions. Always wearing a poker face.