1

"Sorry!" I called out to the old lady, who I accidently pushed. I was running late! Again!! And I couldn't afford to be late for my part-time job or even get fired.

If you were wondering, My name is Lucy Heartfilia and i'm 17 years old. There isn't anything interesting about me, i'm just a normal girl with a normal life.

But I guess you could say I am the daughter of a deadbeat dad, but besides that, I Lucy Heartfilia has a goal. And that goal is to study and attend the most prestigious University in the whole of Fiore.

Magnolia university

It of course is the best of the best! Even my mother used to study there when she was my age. That's why I want to follow in her footsteps to become the best author in the world.

10 minutes later, I finally arrived at my part-time job, 8 island restaurant. The most popular restuarant in Hargeon Town.

I stepped slowly inside the restuarant, hearing the bell ding as the door opened. I looked up to see the restaurant packed with customers. Woah...I hope I wasn't too late. I quickly made my way to the staff room hoping that i wasn't caught.

"LUCY" I heard Yajime shout. Oh no. I slowly turned around to see the short old man folding his arms and staring at me impatiently.

"Y-yes" I stuttered.

"Your late...again!" He said furiously.

"S-sorry" I mumbled looking down.

He just shook his head.

"I've had it Lucy! Every week you come in tardy, and your holding up my customers as well. We don't have enough staff and these days are getting even more busy" He sighed.

"I-i'm sorry Yajime...it's just there's been a lot going on lately at home with money and finance...p-please don't fire me! I promise to be here on time next week"

"That's what you said to me the other day" He looked at me sternly.

"S-sorry, I guess it's my 2 other part-time jobs which have been getting in the way" I said scratching the back of my head nervously.

"Just make sure you're here on time next week or your fired!"

"Right! I promise" I said bowing in respect.

"Good! now put on your uniform and get to work! The food won't be serving it's self ya know"

"Yes sir!"

I hurried to the locker room to change into my uniform, when I was finished changing, I placed my belongings into my locker, locked it and made my way to a table to serve a customer.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

"Hello i'm Lucy! And welcome to 8 island restuarant how may I help you" I smiled at the last person I was serving for today.

Even though I should never judge, there was something always off about this customer. He's been coming in here often and he's been wearing a black hoodie covering his hair and facial features. And the only thing he'd order is spicy food or water...weird.

And not forgetting to mention that he's been sitting in here for the past 2 hours, but now near closing time he chooses to order something. Ridiculous.

"I just want water" He said straight-forwardly speaking in his deep husky voice.

"Um...ok" I went to the kitchen to fetch him a glass of water, but for the whole time I felt eyes on me...

"Here ya go" I said giving him a glass of water. "And this restaurant is closing in 7 minutes time, sir" I said once more before going to the staff room where all my other collegues were. As usual I felt the same pair of eyes on me...

"Hey Lucy" My collegues, Jessica and Lani said waving at me.

"God he's so weird" Lani said staring at the weird customer.

"I know right, he keeps staring at me" I whispered to them.

"Why don't you confront him and ask him why he's staring at you then?" Jessica asked.

"I did once but he didn't say anything" I said fiddling with my fingers.

"Woah guys, imagine he was the fire dragon all this time!" Lani yelled causing some people to stare at her.

"Shh! Lani!" Jessica yelled covering her mouth.

"Fire dragon? What's that?" I asked confused.

"Are you kidding me? You've never heard of the fire dragon? He runs the most dangerous gang in fiore...the fairy tail"

"I've heard he's actually a decendant from a dragon" Lani giggled.

"Baka!" Jessica said punching Lani's shoulder.

"There's no such thing as dragons"

"I was just kidding" Lani laughed.

I chuckled at their small arguement, whoever this "fire dragon" was I hope they don't get in the way of me going to university. I thought, looking over to the strange guy with a hoodie.

"Anyways don't worry Lucy, the fire dragon wouldn't go anywhere near a small town like Hargeon, he'd probably be located in the city" Jessica said reassuring me.

"Mhm, ok"

For the rest of the evening, I cleaned up the restaurant and made sure everything was in place. I changed back into my normal attire and left the restaurant not forgetting to lock it and then after that I made my way home.

Thanks for reading!! Hope you enjoyed this boring chapter :/

Excuse the mistakes💖