Chapter 28

--- 28 ---

ANDY:

'...I'll always love you...' a distant, breath like whisper echoed all around, filling in me like a cold, dark emptiness... I felt hollow and weak, as the darkness around me started to fade away quickly. I blinked my eyes a few times trying to focus around but all I could make out were noises. Whooshes and swaps, tapping of hard falling water, splashes... something around me was moving... very fast... cutting its way through the winds I couldn't feel and the rain I couldn't touch.

But I felt cold... icy cold...

Everything started to clear up as the darkness completely faded away. I was standing in the middle of the road that was wet with rain, which was pouring down so hard it was making me difficult to see anything at a distance but... I gasped as I felt nothing.

Not even a single drop of rain was touching me... it was like there was an invisible umbrella over my head. And then I felt the racing cars swap passing me, so fast that for a second I thought they were gonna hit me but... I felt nothing. Not even rushing wind!

'...slow down...' I heard the echoing voice again and realized this was my own voice but not coming from my mouth... but from some distant space. And before the voice even faded away, I heard a deafening screech mixed with horrified scream. I clapped my hands at my ears and right then - in front of me - just a few feet away, both cars collided together. I let out a soundless shout, which made my throat go dry and lungs felt empty of air.

I gaped as the feeling of déjà vu developed through me, again... I suddenly felt breathless, like someone was sucking my breath out... how can I have done that? How can I've hurt Austin!? I tried to shout, move and escape but nothing worked. It was like I was forced to see it. I yelled Austin's name but I was like muted.

I shut my dry eyes tightly as I felt my head heavy. It started to spin... so much that I thought I was gonna throw up, until I realized it wasn't my head but everything around me was spinning so fast that I couldn't make out anything, fading away in bright light. The ground under me, sky above me, everything around me got substituted by the whiteness that was spreading around, making the cold settle in me.

'Hey...' an icy cold whisper touched me, filling in my empty lungs like a fresh breath. I wildly turned around, almost dumping in Austin. He grinned down at me looking like an angel. His face glowed and eyes were shinning.

'You're okay...' I let out a breath, not knowing whether I was feeling happy to see him fine, standing before me, scratch less or was I doubtful that I was dreaming all this.

'I think so...' he smiled, bringing his hand to my cheek. I rested my face on his palm which was cold as ice. '...but I don't feel anything...'

'Neither do I...' my voice wasn't echoing out cold, but sounded more natural unlike Austin's.

'You will. I want you to get out of here...'

'But I don't wanna leave you...'

'I don't know where I am... its cold and empty... go back Andy... you don't belong here...'

'No! I belong with you!'

He smiled lightly, just staring at me with his bright eyes. I brought my hand to his chest, moving myself closer to him. For a minute I just stared in his eyes, wanting to get drowned in them like I always so, until I noticed something still... lifeless...

His heart wasn't beating.

I became stoned as my breath got caught, eyes stretched wide open searching through his for life... but there wasn't anything. Just the cold still brightness...