4

Your mind was reeling up until you laid down to sleep. Buried underneath smooth, thin blankets, you shivered as you slept.

You were scared. 

In your dream, you kept your head down, too afraid to look up and see what was in front of you. The velvet carpet beneath your feet was frightening enough. 

And when you felt hands grip your upper arms, your head shot up - eyes wide with terror. And sure enough, there he was. 

"Alastor," you gasped. You tugged against the hands that held you. You were being dragged up to the throne, where you had left his dead body. 

The crown was still cut into his forehead, the blood dried now. He smiled when he saw you. He grinned as you were dragged up to him. And when you were dropped onto the velvet stairs, he laughed. 

"Leave me alone," you threatened. 

He reached out to touch you with a thin hand covered in rotted flesh. You screamed, throwing yourself off the stairs. You got to your feet. Your heavy gown held you down as you ran down the hallway, swooping down to pick up your skirt so you wouldn't trip. You heard the footsteps of the guards behind you.

FOLLOW ME. 

Kylo. You almost sighed in relief as you moved faster, ducking into a room. You shut the door and ran to the adjoining room, going inside of that one. 

"Kylo, where are you?" you cried out. 

COME WITH ME.

You let out a sob; they were right behind you. You ran down another hallway. 

"Kylo, I'm scared. Where are you?"

HURRY.

Out of breath, you turned a corner. The doors at the end of the hallway were unfamiliar-

And opened. 

You went through them, dropping your skirt back to the floor. You nearly cried when, in front of the window, you saw Rey. 

"No," you breathed. "Where is he? Where is Kylo?"

She turned, looked at you, and said, "Come with me. It's the only way you can escape."

And you believed her. You felt something pulling you towards her.

As she held out her hand, you opened yours.

With her, you would be safe. You would have a sister to protect you.

"Come with me, I will help you."

"No. Where is he?" you asked again. "I-I need Kylo. He's-"

"Come with me now," she said, offering her hand again. "Come with me before he kills you."

The footsteps were right behind you. You turned, and instead of the guards, there he was. 

"Kylo," you whispered.

Kylo was standing before you, the Knights of Ren directly behind him. He raised his red lightsaber above your head. 

"Hey - wait. Kylo. It's me."

He kept approaching you.

"Kylo! No - Kylo, no-" You held up an arm to guard your face. "Ben, wait-" 

As the heat of the lightsaber came down on you, you shot up in bed. A scream burst through your lips. You kicked away your blankets and turned to look at his side of the bed. It was empty.

It was a dream, you reminded yourself. A stupid dream. 

You pushed your long hair off your shoulders and the crossed your arms. The hairs on your the back of your neck stood up suddenly. When you glanced up, you saw her.