5

Rey was seated in front of you, wrapped in a blanket. Her hair was soaked, her body trembling in the cold. She was illuminated in orange from the fire she sat beside.

It had been hours after you left Kylo. You had hurried off to an empty room to hide. You were not scared of him, you were just scared. Nothing had been making sense lately.

And when you felt her show up, you nearly felt relieved.

"Rey," you whispered.

The anger in her eyes disappeared almost immediately. "Are you alright? You look like you have been crying."

"I had a dream," you said, quickly and without thinking, "and in that dream, I was chased by - by..." You shook your head. "It doesn't matter. But I was back there, and I was alone again. My uncle - my - my father, he was there. And he..."

You tore your eyes away from her. You were rambling, and you weren't making any sense.

"Calm down and start over," Rey said gently. "Start from the beginning."

She had the voice of a sister. Your heart warmed.

You started from the beginning of everything.

/ / /

"That sounds horrifying. I am sorry that happened to you."

You crossed your arms. "Yeah. Thank you. Kylo is... unhappy with my having that dream."

"Why?"

"He fears I will turn to Luke Skywalker for guidance that he cannot give. But I won't. Luke tore us apart, shipped me home to be tortured into submission, and then attempted to murder Ben." You tightened your hold around yourself. "I... I would never go to a man who did that to him."

Rey was silent for a long moment, pondering what you said.

"That story is true," she whispered.

"Yes. It is. Search it in me - you know it is."

She looked away. "I am so sorry."

"It's okay," you told her. "We'll be okay."

"Something happened to me, too," she admitted. "Something that was... strange."

"What was it?"

"I should have felt trapped or panicked. But I didn't. This didn't go on forever, I knew it was leading somewhere. And that, at the end, it would show me what I came to see. I asked if it would show me my parents... I begged it to. I saw a figure walking up to me, but when the glass cleared... I was looking at a reflection of myself." She dropped her head as she continued. "I had never felt more alone." Slowly, her eyes glanced up. "But then... then I wasn't."

Your eyebrows pulled together. "Who was there with you?"

"You were," she said. "You were there. Clear as day - as clear as I am seeing you now - you were my reflected image. But I still felt alone, but I saw you. And it was like I knew automatically..."

You shook your head, not understanding.

"It hit me like lightning. I feel it in my heart and soul. We are the same, you and I."

"How?" you breathed.

"We have no parents, no family-"

"I have a family, Rey," you said, thinking of Kylo.

She kept going. "We belong no where it seems... but still we fight. The Force still calls us. You and I are the same. And I - I have tempted the Dark just to see my parents. You've tempted the Light in other, similar ways, I am sure - we are the same. You're just on the wrong side."

"I am not on the wrong side," you said.

"The Dark is full of fear and hate and death. The Light is life. It is good and pure." She moved closer to you. "Can't you see that?"

You shook your head.

She smiled. "You're scared there. You're scared of him. I can help you. I can go there and find you and rescue you from this. You have the same power in you that I have. We can be the new generation of Jedi."

"No," you said. You stood.

"___-"

"I am not scared of him. I am not on the wrong side. I made my choice three months ago, and I let the Light tempt me into looking elsewhere for what I already have." You were shaking. "I was a fool. I - I felt like maybe I found a sister in you. A sister that Lucielle couldn't be. But... no. No."

"We can be that! The Resistance-"

"The Resistance will soon perish," you said. "As will Skywalker. As will you."

You glared at her, and as you did, a door flew open. You looked up in shock-

Luke Skywalker stepped inside. He saw you and his eyes widened.

You tightened your fists more, your arms shaking.

"Luke," you hissed.

"Rey, no!" he cried, and everything fell apart and disappeared.

Blinking away the shock of what just happened, you hurried out of the room. Your hands were shaking as you approached the bridge. Gripping the railing, you peered down and saw General Hux.

"General!" you shouted. "Prepare my ship."

"Me?" he asked, nose sneering. "Who do you think I am? You stand there in a night gown nonetheless, demanding a high ranking officer to do your bidding! No-"

Suddenly, Hux stopped speaking. He was frozen in the air, arms tight at his sides. His throat was squeezed with the grip of the Force.

"Your Supreme Leader has given you a command. No matter what it is, I suggest you do what she says." Kylo, hand outstretched, approached the side of the bridge, right by your side. "Now, General."

He released Hux, making hin fall onto his side. Without another word, the angry general stormed off.

"You don't even know their true location," he said.

"It doesn't matter, I'll find them at some point," you said.

"Let me come with you," he said, and his voice went soft. "Please."

You looked at him. "I never wanted to betray you. That thought never crossed my mind. Although I was tempted by the Light, even when Rey told me to betray you, it repulsed me. I would never... I could never..."

"Shhh..." His eyebrows were pulled together. His hand fell on your cheek. "It's alright. I was the one that relied on voices other than the one that I love the most. I am sorry, ___." He stepped closer and dropped his head so that his forehead touched yours.

You closed your eyes and took in a deep breath.

"I forgive you," you said, locking your arms around his shoulders. You smiled-

Then it vanished.

Kylo pulled back. "What is it?"

"She's coming here," you whispered.

Kylo straightened up slowly. "Go to our room and change. I will wait for you. We'll end this once and for all."