Chapter 2

'Connor,' Troye said quietly, nudging the other boy. Connor murmured something in his sleep and buried his face in Troye's collar. Troye sighed in exasperation. 'Condabon, come on,' He whispered coaxingly, poking Connor  on the nose. The taxi driver was tapping his fingers impatiently on the wheel as he jerked his head in a 'hurry up' gesture. Troye tried to shove Connor off of himself but somehow Connor's arm tangled in his jacket and he pulled Troye with him.

Troye collapsed on top of Connor, their noses almost touching, so close that when Connor's eyes snapped open Troye could see his pupils dilate to tiny specks in the dark.
'Hey, you,' Troye said, trying to turn it into a joke even as he felt a blush creep over his face. Connor smiled in response weakly as Troye pulled himself off of Connor and out of the car.

As Connor stumbled out of the other side of the taxi, barely awake, Troye grabbed his suitcase and paid the driver. Then he had to go through the struggle of carrying Connor's bag with one hand while basically stopping Connor himself from falling with his other arm.

Troye had no idea if Connor had booked a room yet, or if he was even staying at this hotel, but he didn't think he would get a proper response out of Connor if he asked, so he didn't bother, merely dragging Connor into the elevator. Connor leaned all his weight on the wall and Troye could see he was drifting off again. As the doors pinged open on Troye's floor, he shoved Connor out into the hall and Connor opened his eyes blearily, sending him a reproachful look.

'Almost there,' Troye told him as he kicked open the door to his room. Tyde looked up from his bed, groaning as Troye switched the bright light on. 'Go back to sleep,' he ordered Tyde, who rolled over, pulling his sheets over his head.

Connor collapsed onto Troye's bed with a sigh, and when contemplating the effort of moving an entire exhausted 22 year old, Troye decided it wasn't worth it. Rolling Connor fully onto the bed, he pulled Connor's shoes off and yanked the sheets up around him.

Connor snuggled into the cocoon and Troye resigned himself to a night on the couch. Falling onto it, he found it surprisingly comfortable and sleep found him in seconds.

Connor woke the next day to sunlight streaming in through a window. He stretched lazily, before belatedly realising he had no clue where he was. Rolling over, he saw Tyde, Troye's little brother, staring at him curiously from the other bed. A foggy memory of staggering down a hotel corridor came back to him. He  must have been a lot more tired than he'd thought.

'Where's Troye?' Connor asked Tyde, wincing as his voice came out as a croak.
'He went to go get coffee,' Tyde replied, still staring at him unnervingly. 'I'm Connor,' Connor said, trying to break the awkward pause.
'I know.'

Connor suddenly realised the number of beds in the room. 'Did Troye and I..?' He asked, trailing off. Tyde smirked a little. 'No,' he reassured Connor, 'Troye slept on the couch like a true gentleman.'

Connor wasn't sure if he was disappointed or relieved, but thankfully before he had to think of a response the door creaked open. 'Morning!' called Troye, with what Connor would call overly excessive optimism. Normally he was a morning person but today it felt like he'd been run over by a truck after not eating for a week. This analogy was emphasised by his stomach, which chose that moment to make an awfully loud growl. Connor winced as Troye and Tyde laughed.

'I brought coffee,' Troye said, and Connor found himself springing out of bed before his mind could catch up with his body, snatching a cup out of Troye's hand and gulping it down greedily. He realised Troye was watching him in amusement, so he turned away from Troye's smug smile and looked out the window. The whole of Bondi stretched out before him, and the hotel seemed practically built on the beach. 'Whoa,' Connor said. 'You wanna see?' Troye asked. Connor's stomach answered before he could, growling again. 'We can get food?' Troye offered. Connor nodded enthusiastically, wincing as the nod made his jetlagged brain feel like it was being whacked at with a mallet.

'Tyde, you coming?' Troye asked his brother. 'Wouldn't want to interrupt your date,' he replied with what could have been a wink. Troye flushed slightly. 'Watch your mouth, boy,' he warned with a laugh, picking up his wallet and pretending to chuck it at Tyde.

'C'mon Con,' Troye said. The haze of jetlag cleared a bit at the thought of getting food in his stomach and Connor nodded again, tossing his empty coffee cup in the bin and following Troye out the door.