Chapter 4

Perth greeted Connor with a gust of spring air and he stumbled back from the force of the wind, nearly tumbling. He turned to look at Troye, to share the joke, but Troye's distant gaze said he was far, far away from him. 

Connor sighed, looking around the massive car park for a car that could be the Mellets', realising that a distracted Troye would be no help to him. It seemed hopeless until he caught the enthusiastic wave of Shaun Sivan. Grabbing their bags, Connor walked over, Troye ambling along behind him like a puppy. 'Hi Shaun,' he greeted Troye's dad and Shaun beamed back at him. 'Connor! It's been so long!' he boomed, and Connor laughed in response. Troye's family had left only the day before in order to make it to a Miley concert. 'Dad!' said Troye, finally drawn out of his daydream. 'How was the concert?' As they chatted, Connor slid the bags into the boot and got in the backseat. The Mellets both got in the car moments later, not pausing in their conversation, and as Shaun started the engine Connor tried to decipher the conversation topic. 

He soon gave up, slipping into his thoughts. The time in Sydney had been incredible, and Connor almost felt like he'd left a part of himself by the lake where they'd watched the sun rise and he'd felt so full of so many emotions all at once. That piece of himself, lost in the sunrise, was waiting for him to come back, and Connor knew he would. But only with Troye, because Troye understood. 'Con?' The boy in question asked, 'you in?'

Connor hummed questioningly. 'In what?'
'Tyde's DJ event,' Troye told him patiently. 'Oh, yeah, sure,' Connor bluffed, 'It sounds great.' 

Troye sent him a disbelieving look which had 'I know you weren't listening' written all over it, and Connor blushed slightly. Troye's eyes suddenly gained a mischievous glint, and Connor swallowed audibly, quickly becoming nervous. 'Great, so you'll be dancing and everything,' Troye smiled wickedly. Connor nodded absentmindedly, before hia brain caught up. 'Uh, wait-'
'Too late,' Troye sung as they pulled into a driveway. 'Tro...' Connor pleaded, giving him his best puppy dog look.
'You agreed,' Troye smiled smugly, and got out of the car before Connor could reply. 'I don't dance,' he reminded Troye as he pushed his car door open.
Troye grinned brightly. 'You do now!'

Connor missed Sydney already, missed the lack of plans, the joy of finding a coffee shop in a dead end street, Troye's wide smile matching his own as they simply got lost together. It had been an escape from a life full of schedules and meetings and now, despite never visiting Perth before, everything was becoming more familiar and less exciting. Troye pinched Connor in the side and he jumped sideways with a bit of a shriek. Troye sent him a wild grin that made a shiver run through his veins that he didn't understand. Okay, some things were still unfamiliar. Some things were still exciting. But Sydney was an enigma, something Connor never wanted to understand, only love it for its strangeness. Troye, on the other hand, was feeling more and more like someone he wanted to know as well as the words to his favourite song.

A/n wow okay this is super short and I super apologise but it's been like a week and I figured if anyone was reading this they deserved an update but omg thanks for 100 reads so that's cool??? Yeah idk this is sort of bad but good stuff is coming I swear ok ily bye