Chapter 9

When Sage emerged into the waiting room, Troye jumped to his feet. 'Are you alright? What did the doctor say?' He asked urgently. Connor his a grin. Overprotective Troye was cute.
Sage clearly didn't feel the same, moaning that Troye was embarrassing her. As they walked out to the car, Troye continued his barrage of questions unceasingly.
'Whatever, Troye. I just want to sleep,' she said finally, falling into the backseat.
'Teenagers,' complained Troye. Connor bopped him on the nose.
Troye poked his tongue out.

'Grow up,' called Sage from inside the car. 'Now you're both embarrassing me.'

Connor smiled innocently as he got into the passenger seat. 'All Troye,' he told her, ignoring Troye's cry of outrage.

When they arrived back at the house, Troye insisted on helping Sage to bed, despite her protests. When he finally succeeded, he made his way back downstairs and found Connor still standing awkwardly in the entryway. 'Mi casa es su casa,' Troye told him.
'I don't speak Spanish,' Connor admitted.
'Neither,' said Troye. 'I read that in a book.'
Connor let out a loud laugh at that, and Troye sort of froze upon seeing how beautiful Connor looked with his eyes crinkled and his head thrown back with laughter. He shook his head to rid himself of the distracting thoughts. 'What do you think? Bounce? Bar? Bed?'
'I do love the alliteration,' Connor started.
'But it was kind of pointless,' Troye finished for him, 'seeing as we can't leave Sage here by herself.'
Connor nodded.

'We could watch crappy tv?' Troye offered. Connor contented himself with simply nodding again.
'Cool, I'll go get the lounge set up,' Troye told him. Connor blushed and Troye looked at him curiously. 'We don't have to go to the lounge, my room has a tv,' Connor said in a rush.
'Oh. Right. Sure,' Troye said, wondering when he'd become so awkward. 'Let me just go, uh, get some popcorn.'

He practically ran to the kitchen to escape the awkward tension. Was Connor inviting him into his bed, or was Troye just desperately looking for something that wasn't there?

Five minutes later, he made his way down the hall, bowl of popcorn balanced precariously. The temperature had dropped significantly and he debated getting a sweater but decided against it in case he somehow manages to spill the popcorn in the process.

He pushed the door to Connor's room open, and found the boy lying under the sheets, flicking aimlessly through the channels.
'Troye!' He called, faking excitement. 'We have big brother, keeping up with the Kardashians, or something called home and away!'

'My three favourite shows,' said Troye mockingly, passing Connor the popcorn as he slid into the other side of the bed. He shivered instinctively, finding the sheets even colder than the air, and shuffled towards Connor, who kept his eyes fixed firmly on the TV, pretending he couldn't see Troye sliding closer out of the corner of his eye.

When Troye's shoulder bumped against Connor's, he leant his back against the headboard, sighing contentedly. Their sides were touching and he attempted to leech some of Connor's warmth. Their ankles brushed against each other and Connor let out an indignant squawk. 'You're freezing,' he complained. 'I know,' Troye said, pushing his face into Connor's neck in an effort to warm up his nose. Connor shivered instinctively. 'You're making me cold more than I'm warming you up,' he groaned. 'Get off, you lump.'
'I can't feel my face,' Troye informed him. 'So I'm going to stay right here.'

Connor shoved at him gently, making no real effort to push him away. 'Home and away it is,' he decided. 'You're going to regret that,' Troye muttered in the general direction of Connor's throat.
'What did you say?'
'Nothing,' Troye smiled cheekily in response.

Minutes into the show, Connor was fighting to keep his eyes open. 'I regret this' he told Troye, who had long since given up on the show, and was fully focused on gorging the popcorn. 'Don't say I didn't warn you,' he attempted to tell Connor through a mouthful of popcorn, although it instead came out as several muffled and rather pained sounding noises.
Connor blinked drowsily. 'I don't know what you're saying,' he murmured to Troye, letting his eyes fall shut.

Connor was drifting slowly into sleep, when Troye let out the loudest sneeze he had ever heard. It was followed by several more abrupt and frankly adorable sneezes. 'It's summer,' Troye groaned between sneezes. 'I can't get a cold in summer, that's ridiculous.'
He then fell into another fit of sneezes and Connor tried and failed to stifle a bout of laughter. When Troye tried to complain, he collapsed into even more sneezes, and Connor fell off the bed because he was laughing so hard.

'Hey!' Troye protested. 'You're my only source of warmth, you can't abandon me to these Antarctic winds.'
Connor managed to control his laughter long enough to clamber back onto the bed, wrapping himself around Troye to protect him from the supposed cold.

Troye continued to sneeze indignantly against Connor's shirt as Connor kept quietly laughing. 'This is like an average day in Minnesota,' he told Troye. 'Shut up,' Troye said, his eyes watering from the force of his sneezes, 'I'm Australian.'

Connor switched off the TV and ate popcorn over Troye's shoulder while he waited for Troye's fit to end. Eventually he managed to stop sneezing and Connor asked 'all better?'
'Leave me alone,' groaned Troye. His eyes were watering, his face red, and he looked hilariously adorable, which Connor informed him of before he could help himself.
'Right,' said Troye, 'if you won't leave, I will.'

He got up, somehow avoiding the popcorn bowl, and headed for the door. Connor noticed he was moving extremely slowly, as if waiting for him to call Troye back at any point, but Connor was determined not to give in. His determination wore down easily and Troye was only halfway to the door when Connor told him to stop.

'Say please,' Troye commanded.
Connor rolled his eyes.
'Please come and cuddle with me, you diva.'
'Hmm,' said Troye thoughtfully, pausing. 'You called me a diva. I don't think so.'
'You'll freeze otherwise,' Connor pointed out.
'Fine,' Troye said in mock frustration. 'But for the record, you're the diva.'

Connor ignored that, patting the bed beside him. Troye turned off the light, carefully set the popcorn on the floor and climbed back into the bed, snuggling into the warm space next to Connor. Connor hummed contentedly as he wrapped an arm around Troye, and Troye smiled at the ceiling, praying that cuddling would become a regular thing.

A/N
This is posted in celebration of 2k reads, 100 favourites and reaching 800 followers on my tumblr (tronnortwinkies hmu [it used to be troylertwinkies but actually has no troyler bc I've kind of gone off Tyler a bit oops so now it's tronnortwinkies feel free to check it out or message me or whatever it will make my day]) but those things all happened today which is fab so yeah ta da more cuddles bc what else do you need in life

Some lovely human said some nice stuff about my fic on tumblr which super made my day yesterday so I was going to update bc of them but then I went to see the hobbit so I didn't have time (I cried a freaking shitload ok pls don't judge that acorn broke me and the ending got me like dead on the floor bc tears)

Anyway that got off topic but thank you beautiful person you are a beautiful person yay and also yes this fic still has an eventual plot I just have to get to the actual plot points first but it will happen I swear