Chapter 6

'I had the weirdest dream,' Troye said, stumbling into the kitchen the next morning. 'Are you sure it was a dream? You look exhausted,' his mum informed him.
'Thanks, mum,' Troye grinned sarcastically, and she swatted at him with a tea towel.

'Go on then, tell us your dream,' Shaun said, rolling his eyes while continuing to read the newspaper. 'Hey! Why the eye rolling?' Troye asked indignantly.
'You were going to tell us anyway. I thought I'd just give you an opportunity,' Shaun said, laughing. 'Whatever,' Troye replied as he fell onto the seat next to his dad.

'In my dream, I woke up in my room, and everything was exactly the same. Even Connor was here.' 'Maybe,' interrupted Tyde, gasping theatrically over his cereal, 'it wasn't a dream?'

'Shut up, Tyde,' Troye groaned, and this time it was his dad who swatted at him.
'Go away, dad. You're not cool.' He said, and continued on with his story. 'No, but like, in my dream I woke up and came to get breakfast, and Connor was in here, and he said hi, but I had no idea who he was. I thought he'd broken in and tricked you all into believing some story about him being my friend. It was only when I woke up that i realised that the stranger was just Connor. Isn't that weird?'

'So weird,' his dad agreed vacantly, and Troye looked up to see his mum and Tyde both nodding along mechanically. 'Was anyone listening?' He asked, frustrated. 'Let me check,' Tyde responded thoughtfully. 'I'm getting something, I'm getting something- it's a solid no.'
'Shut up Tyde, you're twelve,' Troye replied, smirking to himself.

Tyde opened his mouth to make a sarcastic retort when their mum kicked his chair and gave him a warning glance. Troye turned to pull a face at him and Tyde glared daggers back until his gaze shifted to someone behind Troye and he smiled cheekily. 'Troye just has the prettiest facial expressions, wouldn't you agree, Connor?'

Troye whirled his barstool around to face the door and sure enough, Connor was leaning against the doorframe watching the brothers banter, hair adorably ruffled from sleep. He sent Troye an amused glance. 'Sure would,' he agreed with Tyde as he stumbled sleepily into the kitchen and slid onto the stool next to Troye.

'Connor!' Laurelle called excitedly. 'What'll it be? Eggs? Cereal? Toast?' 'Just coffee, thanks,' he said politely and Troye rolled his eyes at the predictable response.

'So, what're the plans for today, boys?' Shaun asked as he folded up the newspaper. 'I thought maybe I'd film a video with Connor if that's alright,' Tyde addressed Connor. 'Of course,' Connor smiled.
'You wouldn't mind helping us film, would you, Troye?' Tyde asked cheekily, knowing how much he hated to sit behind the camera. 'No problem,' Troye smiled sarcastically as he got to his feet, pinching Tyde's arm as he walked past. 'Troye!' Tyde whined, but he elected to ignore his brother, heading to his room to get out of his pyjamas.

It was only once Troye was dressed that he realised he'd left Connor to the mercy of his family. He hurried back into the kitchen, expecting the worst, but was met with an even weirder sight- his whole family managing to maintain a comfortable atmosphere and not make Connor feel awkward.

He remembered all the uncomfortable moments he'd walked in on when Tyler was visiting, not to mention the interrogations about Tyler's intentions. This was pretty much the opposite- Connor was helping Troye's mum wash the dishes while holding a conversation with Tyde which, as far as Troye could tell, was about Instagram.

Connor looked up as Troye entered and sent him a bright smile which somehow improved Troye's already optimistic mood. 'You wanna go shopping?' He asked Connor.
Connor nodded. 'Just let me finish helping with the dishes first.'
'Looks like you've got yourself a regular housewife there,' Shaun commented, and Troye winced. One morning without embarrassing jokes, it turned out, was too much to ask from his family. 'Dad,' groaned Tyde, 'you're making Troye blush.' Pointedly ignoring them both, Troye tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for the dishes to be clean. The longer they stayed in the room, the higher the chances of his family making more remarks he would never live down.

'You boys head out,' Troye's mum smiled, 'I've got the last of the dishes.'
'Sure?' Connor asked.
'Careful, you don't want to sound to keen or before you know it, she'll have you mopping the floors too,' Tyde called. Laurelle looked at Troye for support, but he merely shrugged. It was a fair point. 'Alright, thanks Laurelle,' said Connor, and they finally escaped Troye's family. 'Dont forget we're filming!' Tyde shouted after them. 'And Bounce is tonight! You better be there or I'll hack your computer and post your nudes on tumblr!'

'Nudes?' Connor smirked, amused. Troye turned away from him, flushing a deep shade of red. 'He's bluffing,' he told Connor. 'He doesn't know my password.' Connor side-eyed him, still with that smug smirk.
'Oh! And I don't take nudes. Of course. Obviously.'
'Your password is Troyesivan18!' Tyde hollered from the kitchen and Troye resisted the urge to strangle his brother.
'Come on,' He whined to Connor impatiently, tugging the older boy along. 'Get ready, I wanna show you Perth.'

A/N

holy shit could it be an actual update?? Well I'm here to assure you that yes it is wow this is a truly astounding day

Uhh so thanks for 500 reads?? That happened lol it's so weird that some people actually want to read this but hey I won't judge

Yeah sorry this took like 17 years but I had exams and now I no longer have exams so I guess there's nothing holding me back from writing this except for my procrastinating but I feel like if I set a date I will do it so let's aim for sometime in the next 3 years for the next update: forecast optimistic
Yeah I haven't slept in a really long time so again if this doesn't make sense feel free to correct me bc I'm sure I've messed up a lot of basic spelling k cool

oh also sidebar my tumblr is tronnortwinkies if anyone uses tumblr I'll probs follow ya back and I just kinda post whatever I want it's a yolo world okay bye (when I say whatever I mean it's 90% dan and phil)