Chapter 11

After a day of lounging around eating pancakes and watching crappy tv, Troye finally found the energy to do something, and heaved himself off the couch, motioning for Connor to follow. 'Where're we going?' Connor asked as he got to his feet, eyes flickering to the window where the sun was beginning to set. 'Isn't it a bit late to-'
Troye placed his hands on Connor's shoulders, effectively cutting him off as he looked directly into his eyes. 'We, my friend, are going to get drunk.'

Hours later, they stumbled out of a taxi and began the walk up Troye's driveway. 'We have to be quiet,' Troye warned, swaying on his feet slightly. Connor grinned and made an enthusiastic shh-ing noise, trying to place a finger over his lips but instead poking himself in the cheek.
'Ow,' he complained, pouting as Troye started giggling. 'Shh,' Troye slurred forcefully through his giggles, grabbing Connor's hand and lacing their fingers together as he began dragging Connor up to the house.

Connor stumbled along behind, humming to himself contentedly. He ran his thumb along Troye's wrist experimentally, and Troye jolted to a stop, Connor banging into his back. 'Ow,' he complained again, rubbing his head with his free hand. Troye turned to shove him lightly, then went back to focussing on making it to the front door without either of them falling over.

They had just made it to the steps, somehow avoiding a disaster, and Troye was turning to look at Connor with a smug smirk when he tripped on the first step, the proud expression slipping. 'I think I'm going to fall over,' he commented with a faint air of surprise, wobbling unsteadily. Connor reached out to grab him, but the younger boy was already falling backwards, landing harshly on the steps.

'Oh,' Troye blinked, looking up at Connor. Connor stared back, vision blurring slightly, wondering if Troye was about to cry. He let out a choking sound, and Connor stumbled closer until he was bent over the boy. 'Are you okay?' He slurred. Troye looked up and Connor realised he was laughing, hard enough that he was gasping for air.

Connor looked at him dubiously for a few seconds. 'I think I'm gonna get help,' he mumbled. 'you might have a conker.'
Troye's laughter abruptly stopped, although he still had amusement in his eyes. 'A conker?' He asked, his face scrunching up in confusion.
'Yeah,' Connor nodded seriously, worried about how Troye was still smiling and seemingly untroubled. 'You know. A conker son.'

Troye doubled over, laughing so hard he started to cry. 'A concussion, Connor,' he wheezed out between gasps of laughter.
'Whatever,' Connor said, crossing his arms. 'You need to lie down, at least.'

'I fell on my butt, Con, not my head,' Troye told him as he got to his feet unsteadily.
'Better safe than sorry.'
'You would make a terrible doctor,' Troye told him with a smirk.
Connor met his gaze with concern. 'Your eyes are glazed over!'
Troye giggled helplessly. 'It's because I'm drunk,' he told Connor, fumbling in his pockets for the house keys.
'Oh,' Connor said solemnly. Then, 'Am I drunk, too?'
Troye looked up from the keys, his amusement evident.
'I would say so. A bit past drunk, if I'm honest.'

He finally got he door open, and cheered under his breath. Connor, remembering Troye's warning from before, hushed him loudly.
'You spat on me,' Troye said, rolling his eyes fondly.
'You love it.'
Shoving Connor inside, Troye followed him in and locked the door firmly behind them, leaning against it for support. 'My legs feel like jelly,' he yawned. 'Maybe I'll just sleep here.'

His eyes falling closed, he felt himself slowly slide down the door. He was almost sitting on the floor when Connor's arms wrapped around him, lifting him off his feet. 'Wha-' he flailed around, trying to get his bearings. Connor had one arm looped under Troye's arms which he had used to hoist Troye up. His other arm slid under Troye's knees so he was holding Troye cuddled against his chest and Troye could feel his face burning bright red.

'I'm not.. princess,' he mumbled, even as he buried his face in Connor's shirt.
'Of course not, princess,' Connor said solemnly.
Troye glared up at him. 'Wha..'
'You look like an angry kitten,' Connor cooed as he began to stumble down the hallway, hindered by Troye's weight. 'This.. bad idea,' Troye commented sleepily, '..drunk'
'I'm not!' Connor protested, missing a step and almost hitting Troye's hair against the wall. 'Maybe a little,' he acquiesced, but continued to stagger down the hall.

They finally made it to Troye's room and Connor dumped Troye on the bed without ceremony.
'You hurt me,' Troye whined. Connor could just see the glint of moonlight reflecting off Troye's eyes, the rest of the room dark. The absence of light made him brave, and he leaned over Troye.

'Want me to kiss it better?' He offered.
Troye paused, clearly considering it. 'Well..'
'Well what?' Connor asked, after almost a minute of silence on Troye's part. He was met with a soft snore.
'Troye,' he complained, shoving the boy lightly. 'No fair. Wake up.'
Connor could make out Troye opening his eyes blearily, then his hand shot out and grabbed Connor's shirt, pulling him onto the bed. 'Shut up,' he said, and closed his eyes pointedly.

After a few moments where Connor lay uncomfortably on the edge of the bed, Troye opened his eyes once more to glare at him. 'You going to cuddle with me or what?' He demanded. Connor was slightly taken aback at how bossy drunk Troye was, but he wasn't about to complain. As he wrapped his arms around Troye and pulled the blankets around them tightly to form a cocoon, he found himself absently playing with Troye's hair, tugging at the curls. Troye let his eyes fall closed with a satisfied sigh. 'I like it when your hair is down,' Connor told him quietly.

Troye didn't respond, just cuddled more closely against Connor, tucking his face into the older boy's neck where he had discovered Connor smelt remarkably nice. It was, he reflected, a bit like ginger and coffee and a woodsy smell and something else. He focused on trying to decipher the last scent, determined not to get distracted by Connor's fingers tangled in his hair and his other hand wrapped around Troye's waist. It was sort of citrus-like, but not sharp enough to be lemon or sweet enough to be orange. 'Grapefruit,' he murmured to himself.

Connor didn't seem to notice, or just ignored him. The comforting rhythm of Connor's hand stroking Troye's hair almost lulled him to sleep, but he was kept awake by the worrying thought that Connor was going to go home soon, and he wondered how many nights they would have like this, or if it would even happen again.

Steadying his nerves and trying his best to fight off fatigue, he looked up at Connor, studying his features. 'What?' Connor asked, looking faintly amused. 'I love you, you know,' Troye told him drowsily, letting his eyelids shut. 'I love you too,' Connor said easily. Troye knew the drink was affecting him, knew he was going to regret this in the morning, but he couldn't help himself.

'Not like that,' he murmured. Connor stilled, looking down at the boy. 'Not like what?' When he got no response, he tried calling the boy's name again. Troye let out a tiny huff and a snore. Connor stared at him in amazement. He came out with some big unfinished pronouncement like that, and then had the nerve to go and fall asleep? 'Not like that,' Connor repeated to himself curiously. 'Not like what?'

A/N
God this was so much fun to write but yeah HAPPY NEW YEAR DUDES whoop I'm so excited anyway you know the drill hit me up at tronnortwinkies.tumblr.com for a lovely chat and a cup of coffee xoxo I hope this chapter was satisfactory?? Lightweight Connor and Troye are everything to me not gonna lie