Chapter 12

The first thing Connor registered when he woke up was that the other side of the bed was empty. The second thing he noticed was that he appeared to be extremely hungover, judging by the massive pounding going on in his head. The third thing was that Tyde was standing in the doorway holding a bucket, with a suspiciously menacing smile on his face.

'Tyde..' Connor said cautiously, rolling off the bed and putting his hands slowly up in a gesture of surrender. 'What's in the bucket?'
'Ice, mainly,' Tyde grinned. He seemed alarmingly awake seeing as the alarm clock clearly stated it was seven in the morning. Come to think of it, he was always this excited, no matter what time of day. It was unnatural.

'And is there a particular reason why you're lurking in the doorway with a bucket of ice?' He asked.
'I'm going to need you to come with me,' Tyde said, still with that worryingly bright smile. Connor decided it was entirely possible Tyde was a psychopath.

'Are you okay?'
'Just follow me. Or you're going to find yourself having an unexpected shower.'
'You're creeping me out,' Connor said, but he followed Tyde anyway. 'Why didn't you just ask me to come with you?'
'Threats are the most persuasive form of coercion,' Tyde announced.
'Do you even know what that means?'
'Not really,' he admitted. 'I saw it in an episode of Criminal Minds.'

Connor sighed to himself as Tyde pushed open the door to the garden.
The sunlight blinded him, only making his headache worse.
'You're not forcing me to do the ice bucket challenge, are you?' He asked warily.
'Maybe later, depending on how long you remain oblivious for.'
'Tyde, I think you're insane.'
'It's hard not to be insane when you're surrounded by idiots who can't even talk to each other,' Tyde muttered.

Connor stared at him in confusion, before his gaze was caught by a dilapidated building which looked about three seconds from collapsing
'Are we- please tell me we're not going to that creepy shed.'
Tyde just looked at him.

Connor threw up his hands and debated the risks of making a break for it. Ice water vs probable murder. He was just about to attempt sneaking away when Laurelle emerged from the shed. 'Thank God,' she said when she saw Tyde. 'I don't think we can keep him in there for much longer.'

'Please don't let me be murdered please don't let me be murdered please don't let me be-' Connor started to mumble under his breath.
'Is he- are you praying?' Tyde asked incredulously. 'Let's get him inside, quickly,' Laurelle said, grabbing Connor's arm and dragging him towards the shed. He dug his heels into the ground, trying to stall the journey, but she was surprisingly strong.

'Okay, so I'm really scared right now and I sort of feel like someone is about to commit homicide and I would really appreciate it if you didn't kill me so please can you-'
He stopped his rant abruptly when Laurelle broke into loud laughter, tears forming in her eyes. 'Oh, honey. We're not going to kill you. We're just going to lock you in a shed for an hour.'
Connor gulped.

They had reached the door now, and Laurelle called out, 'he's here!'
'Finally,' Sage sighed as she walked out, holding another bucket full of ice. 'What's going on?' Troye's voice emerged from inside the shack, sounding just as bewildered as Connor felt.

'You two are staying in this shed until you actually manage to discuss your relationship,' Laurelle announced, and pushed Connor inside, closing the door behind him.
He could hear three pairs of footsteps receding, and he slowly looked up at where Troye sat on the other side of the room, eyes wide.
Connor tried to turn the knob, but the door refused to budge.

He was terribly hungover, locked in an emotionally unstable shed (without a coffee machine or aspirin) with the boy he had a massive crush on, he was apparently stuck there until they could discuss said massive crush, and it wasn't even eight am. 'This is going to be a hell of a day,' he muttered.

A/N
Quick update ending in a cliffhangerish thing bc I love to annoy people you're all welcome ✨ maybe I'll just leave the story there and never update ever again hmm that'll be fun right?
Tronnortwinkies.tumblr.com if you like tronnor and phan and not very funny jokes then that's the place for you tbh thanks for reading see ya latererers