✧I

✧Aladdin

"What's your monkey's name?" a lady asks me while I am checking some antique stuff. "Abu," I answer. "He's a lovely monkey," she compliments as she rubs Abu's cheek. "That's a lovely necklace," I say as Abu goes to the shoulder of the lady.

"Where does Abu come from?" she asks as she look irritably at Abu. "He uhm-" I was cut off when I feel a girl snatching a cup from my bag. "Oh." I snatch it back to me. "I think this belongs to me," I say proudly. They walk away. "Good day ladies."

I suddenly see the lady whispering something to the man. "O... k..." I whisper as I move backward. I run away and walk up a table as the vendor shout something to me. I look at my back as Abu jumps to my shoulder. I smile and climb up a wall.

I fall to a table but land gracefully. Abu climbs up to me. "How did we do Abu?" I ask and he hands me a necklace. "Good monkey." He chatters happily.

"Stop right there Aladdin. What ever it is you stole today. I don't want it," Zula says to be before I even greet Hi. "Woah! I didn't steal anything," I say as I look at the people. "It's a family heir loom that worths a lot-" before I even finish, she says to me, "I'll give you a bag of dates for it. Nothing more."

"Zula, we both know that it's worth at least three bags of dates," I beg. "Take a bag of dates and get out," she throws me a bag. I sadly sigh and grab the bag. Me and Abu walk outside.

I lean in the wall and grab a date. "Go Abu," I say as I give him the date. He quickly munches it.

Suddenly, I see a poor kid looking at me. Abu quickly hides his food. I sigh as I kneel at his height. I give him the bag. He smiles at me as I signal him shush.

As I take my daily walk around, I hear Jamal shout, "Hey!" I look at my back and see a lady. "You steal from my brother!" he shouts at the poor helpless lady. "Stealing. No," she defends herself. "You pay, I take presents," Jamal says to her. "Sir, I don't have any money."

I see Jamal grabbing the lady's hand. "Let go of me!" the lady shouts. I slide in between of them. "Take it easy Jamal," I intervene.

"Kalel walks away from the store, and this one! This one, she steal the bread!" Jamal explains and the girl defends, "Those children were hungry! I-" I interrupt her, "Wait."

"Give me a minute," I say to Jamal, but he grabs me. "You keep your little street rat nose out of it! Huh!" he says to me and I nod.

I face the girl and ask her, "Do you have any money?" I grab her bracelet. "No!" she answers. "Okay, trust me," I say and quickly grab her bracelet.

"Wait!" she shouts. I give the bracelet to Jamal. "Here you go. This is what you wanted," I say and grab an apple. "And an apple for your troubles," I toss him the apple. "Thanks."

"That was my mo-" she protests but I quickly grab her and pull her away. "I am not leaving without my bracelet!" she says to me. I show her the bracelet and say, "You mean this bracelet. Come on."

Suddenly, I hear Jamal shout, "Aladdin!" "Are we in trouble?" the girl asks. "Only if you get caught," I simply reply.

"Down that alley," I point at the alley. "Monkey knows the way," I say as Abu screeches in protest. "Abu," I say as he jumps off me and to the lady's shoulder. "You'll be fine."

I raise the the bracelet and taunt, "Look for this Jamal!" I run and see both guards at my back and front. I slide down smoothly which cause them to bump at each other.

I run to an alley and jump up a little store to a bunch of woods. I look at the guards and smirkly tease them. I walk to the woods and jump down.

I see my friend close her window. I jump to the window and knock at the window. Signaling her to open the window when the guard came. I slide down the pole. I see the girl and we run down the place together.

I grab a knife and point it the guards before cutting the rope. The bag lands at the cart, causing me to the fly up. I hang on the barrier and smile to tease the guards.

I climb up and lean on the door but the door was open so I fall inside. I see a bunch of girl surrounding me. I smile awkwardly. They seem curios. But thier teacher sees me, she points a stick towards me. I block all her hits with ease.

I jump toward the window and land on the clothed roof. I bounce back the room at the back of the other guard. I grab the keys and go to the window. I show the keys and he grabs them. I fall down the roof and land not so gracefully on the ground.

"There are stairs, you know," says the girl. "Where is the fun in that?" I say and we walk to the corner. I grab the handle of the carriage and pull the girl next to me.

At the next block, we run and go up the building. "Together on three," I say and the girl repeats, "Together on three?" "We jump," I simplify and she repeatingly shout, "We jump?!" "Why are you repeating everything I say? The pole," I point the pole and get ready.

"1!"

"2!"

"3!"

I jump towards the other building and land gracefully. I look at the girl. "Sorry," she says. I go up the floor and shout to her, "Look at me. You can do this." She close her eyes and looks at me. When the guards came, she uses the pole and fly to me. I catch her.

"Nicely done."