Chapter 8

Next thing I know I'm running down the ally way toward the opposite opening from the one we came in. The ally was pretty long and dirty with trash cans all over the place so I had to be both quick and carful to not trip over anything.
The guard was still on the other end of the ally where Nick was. I didn't look back at what was happening but long story short Nick some how was able to knocked out the officer just before I decided to take a look. More guards were coming his way.

What should I do?! Should I help him?

I stopped and turned around to start heading back, but as soon as I turned another group of officers where coming my way from the other corner of the street.
Great.
I turned back around and started to run in the other detection. I held up my gun and shot another bullet up in the air hoping it would scare someone. Nope. In fact it only made them run faster. Thank goodness there were no more working cars in this city.

I ran across he street and turned the corner, skidding a little from how fast I was going. They were only about 30 feet away from me by now and had there guns ready to fire. How was I going to get out of this one.

Bang!

One guard shot at the ground to the right of my foot. Amazing! Just amazing.

Bang!

The same officer shot again. Just inches from my shoulder.

What do I do?!
The only thing I could think of was to spin around while running and shoot in their detection. I missed of corse but at least it gave me time to pick up speed. I was also a very fast runner surprisingly. When I was still in school, I would run on the track team with my dad who happened to be the coach. I loved my dad. He was always there for me when I needed him.... but he was gone now. Forever. So what's the point.

Bang!

This time the officer didn't miss. He shot me in the back of my soldier. What was this guy's problem. It didn't slow me don't though. I kept running until I pass another street. That's it! If I can get them all confused, I can loose them. At the last second, I turned onto that street, nearly missing the building next to me. A few officers ran into the wall while others just missed it. Good start!

I ran across the street again hoping to get some of to stay on the other side of the street. There were 5 officers left and 2 of them stayed on the other side of the road and started slowing down. It's been almost 15 minutes now that we've been running. And all of us had slowed down a little. How long were they going to keep this up.
I looked to see if any of them had stopped when I just missed an officer come out of an ally way behind me. How did I not see that?!

He carried a long black rifle in his left arm and had a look of desire on his face. He's so close! If he reached to his right he would be able to knock me down with one swing. But instead he sped up. What was he doing?!

"Agh!!!" My should was aching! I couldn't help but slow down.

He got about 4 feet in front of me when he swerved to the right....... Right in front of me!

Just as we were about to collide, Something flashed in front of my eyes. It was Nick! He came out of nowhere. Literally nowhere! He hit the officer with a punch and stopped with his hand on the ground.

He looked up at me with a smirk. His teal eyes glimmering in the rainbow light of the stars above. It was almost dark and the stars had just started to light up the sky again.

I stopped running just a few feet away from Nick. The 3 officers behind us started to slow down to keep a safe distance away from us.

Nick stood up and held his gun straight at me. He looked me in the eyes. Then.....
Bang!