(19) - We Meet Again

Dedicated to @funkyfather @glorybabas584 @Masirichukwu @Macyplayz @nayla2020 and @swaibakudia5 for voting.

Short Chapter Ahead.

Autumn's POV

"I-It's you," I utter breathlessly, looking into the same aqua green eyes of his. I stand there in total shock, having no idea how he looked three times better but he did.

Crap.

In recognition of what was going on, I look to the ground out of embarrassment. Fully remembering why this was bad and not good. This is absolutely terrible.

I pray to the gods to kill me now but I knew I wasn't that lucky.

"Are you okay?" He asks again but all I wanted was to die in a hole.

I cough awkwardly, keeping my head down. "I'm fine, thanks." I push past him with the little dignity I have left rushing to go to work even if I didn't want to.

"Hold up," He stops me, pulling me back. I turn around, facing him with no confidence whatsoever. It left along with my pride back there.

"Yes," I say not wanting to sound disrespectful. He did save me from falling after all. Twice now.

"I didn't quite catch your name?"

"My name?" I press my lips together, questioning why he wanted to engage in a conversation I was embarrassed to take apart of. Couldn't he tell I was uncomfortable and ashamed?

"I-It's Autumn," I let out a nervous laugh, attempting to calm myself but it wasn't working.

He didn't seem to mind, as he ignored it.

"Don't I know you somewhere?" He questions, taking a step forward. Please, don't Please don't remember me.

"Uh... no, I don't think so." I pretend not to know him, to save myself from the humiliation.

He smirks, making me want to slap him in the face. "You're the woman who was running in the street the other day with no shoes. I'm I right?" I gasp, my face flushed from the memory. He knows.

Run!

"I have to go,"

~

"Black! Get in here!"

​"Coming." I enter the devil's layer, bracing myself for her wicked ways.

"Have a seat. Close the door." She commands, smirking like the devil herself. It gave me chills but I ignore it the best I can. I obey, no questions asked, even if I hated it. As of now, I don't have a plan and I could get fired. I had Issac to take care of and the possibility of destroying my only source of income was unsettling and fearsome.

"So, I thought about our little arrangement,"

"And I want you to plan the annual gala for Mr. Luca. I would do it but I have other important things to do. It needs to be perfect and I expect nothing less."

Come again?

I let out a nervous laugh, praying this was some kind of a sick joke. She wasn't serious, right?

Because if she was, I was screwed.

I couldn't plan the gala or any social event even if my life depended on it. I had no experience whatsoever and that should tell you how bad it actually was.

The gala overall was the most elegant and extravagant party, fundraiser, of the year. Many businessmen and important people came on the behalf of Mr. Luca's request and it would be a mess if I planned it. So, I don't hold back my opinion on her crazy idea of me planning the gala- or the party that could destroy any chance of survival if something goes wrong.