(28) - Blackmails & Questions

Dedicated to @Loniseni @radheeyah @shahrani0 @herbby05  @_Curleyyy_@MaOne01Ne @Janiceblaq @moonflower_126@Dance201117@charlytime for voting. 

Enjoy.

Unedited.

Three Weeks Later...

Work was unwelcome and omitted. Issac was fussing all night, his body swaying in excitement and delight as he continuously watched Tom and Jerry for the last hours. 

I put the series on, believing a cartoon was more suitable then a Rated R movie Nessa wanted to watch for the night.

Issac was addicted and the daycare had called every once in a while — more so every thirty minutes — and it was driving me insane. With the gala coming up and my boss biting my ass, everything has being sort of crazy. 

My head was burning in irritation and my patience was slowly fading. It was tough being a mother and this job wasn't helping either. I pushed the keyboard away, groaning as I saw all the files I had to go through. I swear it was a hurricane in here. My desk was a mess, distorted files and notes scattered across the plane and empty coffee cups crammed in the small trash can by the desk.

I wanted to scream. Scream until all my worries went away... but at last I knew that was not going to happen. An invasive knock interrupted my thoughts as I saw Diana come in.

Diana was a mutual co-worker, sweet, and nice to talk to. She was easygoing and relatively fun as I presumed.

Diana forced generic smile, "Ms.  Matthews wants you to see you in her office." My eyes surpassingly ceased in an eye-roll at the mention of the surname.

What could it be this time?

Sarah, excuse me, Ms. Matthews, throughout the several weeks has been stressing everyone with props of the gala, and the company's showcase. There was things to be done, and the clock was ticking, but for the love of god, Dereck form the Tech department was stressed. Dereck  wasn't from our department. Everyone was tense, and I was confident we were all loosing it.

With a whine I leave the office, my feet finding themselves in front of the stale  door. Also, known as hell. 

Another breath, I walk in. I am immediately greeted by a horrid scene. I bite the scream between my teeth, slapping my eyes shut. Oh my god.

It was a whimpering Sarah and a clearly satisfied Mr. Miller doing, you know what, in her office. My thoughts are blank, flaky, with flashes of confusion. If I could recall, Mr. Miller was the man I saw months before, refusing to go into details of the discrimination case against me and other workers.

This was the reason why Ms. Matthews wasn't getting punished, unfired because she was sleeping with a superior.

Okay. Smart but extremely, extremely gross. This is a workplace, a place where employees can walk in and out. Do they care? Nope.

I swiftly and quietly shut the door, trying to cleanse the porno I just witnessed. I walk, basically run, back to my office, my sanitary of safe haven.

Abruptly, and having the curiosity I was known to have, I swipe the modern computer at my desk, investigating about the two a bit more.

Mr. Miller was a superior, yes, but there had to be more than this right? Well, I hope because it's what I need to get Sarah off my back.

Typing as fast as I could, I google search their names. I'm faced with disappointment minutes later when I see nothing, absolutely nothing, about them.