(29) - Birthday

Dedicated to @AnupSahoo @SoniyaSims @yeahtaega_ @fcvanwyk727 @NyxMorana @dederick101 @darkread24 @tired_peach @telaqia @LolaGrogan

Unedited

~

It was Saturday, bright and early. It was officially Issac's birthday and he was most excited to see Marcello. Issac knew him as Nicky, a nickname that he gave, and Marcello declared it was fine. I was okay with it as long I knew the truth. I was excited, mostly for Issac's sake.

"Hey, I got the balloons," fumbled a shaky Nessa with tons of balloons at her gasp. I laughed, running to help her. I grabbed most of them, the coiled strings tangled together as I settled them on the ground with a massive flowerpot I had near the kitchen. I was meaning to place it outside on the patio but I guess it hold a good purpose holding the blue balloons for the mean time.

With a shrug, I return back to my spot in the kitchen turning the waffle pan as it pumped sounds. Issac was sleeping soundly in my bedroom, and I was hoping the waffle alarm wouldn't wake him. After all, I had trouble again putting him to sleep. Lately, Issac wasn't sleeping as he originally would. It was like something was either too exciting for him to sleep or the thought of me leaving him in the morning, disrupts his body from sleeping.

"Waffles!" Nessa said in a little screech Yoshi voice, reaching for the plate of food. I slapped her hand away, grinning slightly.

"They are not for you." I grinned, placing the food in the microwave. She pouts her full lips, giving me the puppy eyes Issac learned from her. I laughed, pulling the fudge open before setting aside a simple strawberry yogurt in front of her.

Her face visibly groans, her blue eyes faking a tear. "They're for Issac,"

"And?" She said, crossing her arms in annoyance.

"And you could make another batch if you want too. There's the waffle toaster, you have legs." Nessa shakes her head, now resting a clutched up fist on the countertop.

I laughed at her childish behavior, "I'm kidding," Nessa's sour abruptly shifts into
a grinning smile. She's lazy, I would know that after living with her for years. It was funny to tease her about food.

I set the batter on the waffle machine as it cook. Wrestling the pending food we I saunter to my bedroom, telling Ness to call me when it's done. She nods, waving before resting her face against a clustered palm.

I creep into my bedroom, avoiding the loud creaks in the floor. My baby was four, meaning it's been only four whole years since I was blessed with my angel. It was crazy to think I lived my life without him, and imagining my life without him was something I couldn't't bring myself to think about. He was my light, and the reason I hang on even when life gets rough... when I want to give up.

He's there for me when I need him to be. He doesn't know it yet, but he's going to be a great man when he grows up. I hover over the bed, slowly climbing in the soft sheets. Issac was hugging my pillow tightly, small adorable snores falling from his mouth. He was hugging it the way he would cling to me. I found myself laughing at his adorableness.

Placing small kisses on his forehead, I ease him to wake up. "Issac,"

No response. "Issac, baby. Wake up. It's your birthday." I whisper in ear as he stirs awake.

"Mommy?" Issac's tiny hands rub his eyes, forcing himself to wake up with sleepy eyes. He had a little drool dragging from the side of his mouth as he sat up, his blonde hair messy and disheveled. I laughed combing some of his hair back into its normal state.

Issac looks around with droopy eyes, and his body hits the bed again. "Issac!" I giggle at his behavior. He was energized, counting the days and he was going back to sleep despite it all.