Chapter eight

Y/n pov

Amy said dreamily," The new Emerald Coast Resort sounds like the perfect place to get away from it all. You can hang out at the beach, or float on the crystal clear ocean all day long, then dine as you watch a spectacular sunset. It sounds absolutely romantic." She has her has crossed together her head leaning against them.

She said excited holding her hands out above her head," I wish we were going to the opening party." Bunny replied calmly," We'll have fun at the Thorndike villa. Are you ready to go Cheese?" Cheese cried out excited Tails said," I'm ready too guys. My fight plan will take us right to the Emerald Coast." Chris said to Tails," Be careful, Tails, and try not to let anyone see you."

Chris's grandpa said to Chris," They won't have a problem as long as they stay on the grounds of the villa." I look to Sonic who I wasn't sure if he was asleep or not. Chris said sadly," I wish I could go with them instead of going to that resort opening." Chris's grandpa responded sympathetic," I know, but your mother can't make it, so she needs you to go in her place. You won't have to stay long and after, you can join the others at the villa."

Chris said excited," That's great." I said happily," And during that time period I can give swimming lessons, Sonic." Sonic tired," You guys go on without me. I'm gonna stay right here." We all look at Sonic shocked I said shocked," Wait, your not coming with us?" Sonic said jumping down," That's right. I'm going for a run you guys go have fun without me."

Sonic zipped off before I could respond Chara asked confused," What's his problem?" Amy answered his question," Sonic hates the water. He won't go near the water because he can't swim."

~

We all arrived at the villa quickly running to the water playing Amy and I had to drag Chara in the water as he struggled to get free. We all had fun but I realized deep down I missed Sonic. I went on a walk thinking about it for a while. Suddenly I hear a a loud explosion. I ran to the beach seeing smoke coming from where the resort is.

We all gathered together on the beach Amy gasped having looked through the telescope she said shocked," It's Eggman." Tails said determined," Out of the way." Tails brought the plane on the beach Tails continued," I've got to save Chris." Chara teleported into a seat suprising Tails then Amy threw up the telescope jumping in too. Tails was able to barely catch it he said to them," Chara, Amy what're you guys doing?"

Chara answered," We need to stop Eggman or least wait and see if Sonic will show up." Amy said defending Sonic," He'll come Chara. I know he will." I said agreeing with Amy," Yeah, so let's go deal with a robot so we can help Sonic." Chara sighed but nodded I said waving," I'll meet you guys there!" I start running on water toward the island and Tails off quick to follow me.

I soon arrived seeing Sonic already fighting Eggman's new toy octopus. He was trapped running from it as it pulled I heard Robotnick yell at it," Don't let Sonic out of your grip Octotron! Haul that hedgehog back into the ocean and let him up for air." After a bit Eggman cheered," Come on Octotron flex those tentacles." I run in running into the tentacle break it's grip enough for Sonic to brake free.

But before I could get away I was wrapped I struggle trying to get out. Sonic yelled," Y/n!" Eggman laughed he said pleased," Oh look it's my little traitorous hedgehog." I glare at him before continuing to struggle suddenly Chara and Amy came down from above breaking the tentacle. One side of the tentacle went flying back smacking Octotron it went backwards into the water. Eggman yelled holding his head," How could you!" Amy said glaring at Eggman," Keep your rotten robots away from my friends or you're going to be sorry."

I said getting out of the other side of the tentacle," Thanks Amy, and you too Chara!" Sonic ran up a rollercoaster piece flying in the air getting a ring from Tail destroying Octotron falling into the water again this time exploding. Eggman yelled," Oh no!" I run over I said happily," Great job Sonic!" We both I look over seeing a sort of uncomfortable Chara getting a hug from Amy. I chuckled Eggman said ruining the moment we look to him," You've won this time, but I'm not through."

He flew away Sonic said calmly," Yeah, right." Sonic said to me," You okay? The robot did grab you." I said with a smile," I'm fine Sonic no harm done. Besides those two did the crazy stunt." I pointed a thumb at Amy and Chara Sonic chuckled he said," True." We quietly watch their interaction Amy giving him a shell bracelet. But before he could take it the ground shook making it fly Amy losing her balance Chara catching her.

Amy reached out for it say," Your bracelet!" That's when a robot came down stacking breaking the bracelet as she stared in shock at it. Eggman said close to the robot," I told you I wasn't through with you, Sonic, didn't I? My Quizzion have merged to form Serpenter, and it's ready to strike. Impressive, isn't it, Sonic?"

Sonic responded staring at it," Well, that thing is pretty tall, but I bet in battle it comes up short." Eggman said motioning to Sonic and me," You'll both need more than speed to survive this robot, Sonic, Y/n." Sonic said looking to me," Really?" I smirk I said," I doubt it." Sonic said getting it's attention," Let's find out. Yo, fang-face, let's see how quickly you can slither."

We run away Eggman said," After them Serpenter, get rid of the blue and the m/c bozos." Sonic said moving around," You heard your boss, slow poke." I yell," Right here! Come and get us!" Chara had teleported over to us ready to fight. Eggman said when it was close enough," Alright Serpenter you know what to do. Put the squeeze on these annoying pests and throw them out to the sea." Amy suddenly yelled angry holding her mallet," Now your going to pay!"

We all stare suprised Amy said," Don't mess with me!" Amy started to attack I decided to try and help instead of watch. We soon defeated Eggman and his Serpenter during the explosion something hit my head making me dizzy as we sank. He only thing I saw before I passed out was what I thought was Sonic swimming to me.

~

I groan waking up sitting up,' What happened?' I felt pain on the back of my head,' I must have hit something when the explosion happened.' I was startled when I heard Amy and Cream say happy," Y/n! Your awake!" I cry out surprised when I was tackled in a hug still in my chair. I chuckled I said," Don't worry I'm fine." I asked looking around," Where is everyone, and are we at the villa?"

Cream nods Amy answered," Chris, Cheese, and Tails are on the beach. Sonic and Chara went on home." I said feeling a little disappointed," Oh..." I shake my head I ask Amy worried," Are you okay Amy?" She nods," Yeah I'm fine. Let's go have fun with the others." She holds out her hand I smile taking it," Sure let's go!"