Chapter twelve

Y/n pov

We were all eating when Chris and his Grandpa came giving us these documents. Amy really hated her picture on the document. Sonic came Grandpa giving Sonic his document Chris explaining to him what it does. Sonic jokes that he could go to all the places he wanted to in a day. Sonic and I relax outside the Tornado while everyone else is inside. I ask curious," Do you know where we're going?" Sonic answered not opening his eyes with a smirk," Not a clue."

I chuckle amused deciding to wait and see where we're going. Suddenly the Tornado started shaking around startling both of us. Sonic said startled," Hey! What's going on!" I respond," I don't know." We both held on not knowing what's going on. Tails land thankfully not crashing the Tornado. Sonic stretches he said as we walk towards the beach," Ah, nice place here. Hmm?" People all around us are staring at us. I became uncomfortable I was suprised when Sonic held my hand, but was glad for the comfort.

Sonic whispered as we walk," Let's try to keep a low profile, okay, guys?" It started as whispers before a stampeed of people are heading our way. We all run for it escaping them Sonic had brought me along with him to a quiet spot from everyone else. We started relaxing until we heard Chris say," I wish Sonic wasn't always running off with Y/n to do stuff." I asked startling him," Is that bad thing?" Chris said suprised poking his out above us," Oh, hey Y/n, Sonic. I'd thought you guys would be looking for the Chaos Emerald, not taking it easy."

Sonic responds calmly staring at the sea," That Chaos Emerald is out there somewhere but we can't find it unless we can get to the bottom and stay there for a while." Chris responds," Hmm. So the big problem is getting you guys some air down there, right? Leave it to me." Chris ran off I decided to change into a swimsuit before Chris comes back. I sat with Sonic a bit I ask noticing his stare on me," Is something wrong Sonic?" Sonic says quickly looking away nervousness in his voice," Nothing. Just, uh, nothing."

I gave him a confused and suspicious look but shrugged it off relaxing. Chris came back with these hose I like tubes. Chris said excited holding out tubes to us," Our problem's solved. Now guy you guys can go hunting for the Emerald." Sonic retorts annoyed both of us having a tube in our mouth," I hope you are sticking the other end of this thing in a milkshake." Chris happily responds," No, it's an air hose. I'll keep these ends up here so you guys can breathe. Just make sure not to lose the hose or you'll be in trouble."

Sonic responds crossing his arms over his chest," Yeah, and out of air." Sonic gives in deciding to give it a shot. We jump down into the water we walk for a bit everything going fine... at first. A crab attacks Sonic's stuck tube breaking it in two. Then the crab attacks Sonic as he quickly swims up while I'm laughing finding that funny. I quickly swim up after Sonic getting back onto the the ledge. Sonic sat there an unhappy wet hedgehog glaring at the crab chucking it back in the water.

Chris left again taking longer to come back startling us when he came back with sort of bell. Chris said determined," Here, this'll work. You can bring air with you. It's a diving bell, see?" Sonic retorts," This is the most ding a ling plan I've ever heard of." I respond with a sigh," I can't disagree with you Sonic." Chris begs us to try it and we eventually gave going with the bell. We walk on the sea floor holding up the bell close together. Sonic and I agree it's getting hot Sonic thinking this is better than the tubes. We couldn't see and Sonic ended up tripping making me falling on him trapping us in the bell.

Sonic said annoyed as we moved sitting on the ground close together," Oh great we're stuck. This diving bell is useless! I can't even ring it to get help." I chuckle amused by his unhappy rant and his bad luck today. I said relaxing getting comfortable," We could wait here a bit first and catch our breath. That thing was heavy." Sonic thinks for second before agreeing sitting back relaxing enjoying just sitting there. I ask with a smirk," What do you think Chris will think up next?" Sonic responds annoyed," Hopefully something better than this."

We finally go back up Sonic is face down on the ground completely wet he said to Chris annoyed," Anymore bright ideas?" Chris answered kneeling next to him," We can't give up yet. There's  got to be some way to reach that Emerald. After a bit he had one getting everyone to come along. Chris said contradicting himself from earlier," If we're going to go search underwater the best the best way to go is to rent scuba gear. You always use professional equipment or else diving can be really dangerous."

Sonic had a irrated look as I tried not to laugh Sonic having to endure all the not fun parts when we could have done this. We finally got what we needed heading out that way. Amy, Tails, and Chris try to comfort Sonic reminding him about some things. Chara said calmly double checking his gear," Besides if you do get in trouble. Try to remember you can't run underwater." Sonic retorts nonchalantly waving him off," Yeah. Yeah. Got it." Chara raised a eyebrow saying to himself," He's going to forget." I say in agreement," Probably." We all went down starting our search for the Emerald. Tails lead the way eventually leading us to a ship.

Chris recognized the old run down ship somehow from the ship in the painting. We go inside finding treasure Tails concluding by the Emerald in Tails hands glowing brightly that it's in there somewhere. I said nonchalantly," We better start digging then." Chris said sadly," Yeah but, digging through that will take forever." That's when a crab came out holding the Emerald. Sonic said shocked," Woah, no way." Chris said shocked," He's got the Chaos Emerald." Tails questions curious," Do you think he'll give it to us?"

Sonic laid on the treasure getting really close to the crab saying irrated," Hold it. We need that Chaos Emerald." After a second Sonic continued serious," Drop it or I'll give you something to be crabby about." After another second the crab threw it Amy catching the Emerald. The crab ran away as Sonic glared after the crab. Amy said relaxed holding the Emerald," This vacation turned out to be very rewarding." Cream said excited," We're one Emerald closer to going home!"

Suddenly Eggman's voice is heard saying," Your vacation is over Sonic!" We all look to see a gigantic submarine hearing Eggman's laughter. Sonic said determined," You guys get back to the boat. Y/n and I can handle Eggman and his robots." Chara spoke saying seriously," I'll help too." Chris and the others leave us with Eggman's robot. The jellyfish like robot attacks we dodged it missing us. Sonic tried to run reminding himself he can't run underwater.

Chara and I facepalm being right about Sonic forgetting. Chara sighed saying annoyed," I'll be right back." He teleported grabbing Sonic then teleporting away in time for the attack to miss. Sonic thanked Chara Chara said calmly," Still don't need my help?" Sonic doesn't respond as we quickly dodged again. The robot started firing missiles at us hitting the ship and Sonic who hadn't dodged in time. Sonic quickly recovered grabbing the tentacle of the robot that almost hit him.

The robot sent Sonic flying upward attacking him from below Chara teleported us on the boat. Sam Chris' Uncle came to help I jump onto the tiny boat behind Sam. Sam gave me a thing to hold onto throwing Sonic one yelling," Grab this and you can ski your way out!" I jump backwards water skiing with Sonic after figuring out what to do. The robot went back to shooting missiles missing us. Sonic taunted," Come on! You can do better than that Eggman!" Tails flying over yelling our names getting our attention.

Tails yells down," I have two rings! Here. Catch!" Tails threw us both one we caught the ring. We use the power to destroy of the jellyfish robot making a huge explosion. We both thank Sam getting to our boat. Chris went back returning the stuff and learning about the shop owner's great Grandpa being the ship's owner.