Chapter fifteen

Y/n pov

At 3 freaking a.m. Chris' Uncle Sam came in a new car. I was sleeping outside Sam having woken up the whole neighborhood and then some. Apparently Sam came to challenge one of us to a race with his new car. Sonic and I mentally agreed to not to race him, because we both know the results. Chris asked us curious," Hey Y/n, Sonic, are either of going to race my Uncle Sam?" Sonic and I say together in agreement," No." We calmly leave hearing Sam throw insults our way. Of course he followed us going into the garage waking up poor Tails.

Grandpa kindly explains updating Tails on what's going on. Sam is annoying even though we said no he still tries to get one of us to race. I thought annoyed,' He can't take a no can he?' Sonic says serious after Grandpa finished explaining," Except we're not going to race." Sam responds," What's the matter? You guys afraid that after the race you'll be known as they second fastest on the planet?" Sam yells angry," I'm not going to take no for an answer from either of you. I won't stop until you agree to race me!"

I heard Chris grumble facepalming," Why couldn't I have a normal family." Grandpa tried to talk sense into Sam, but was proved wrong about Station Square by Sam turning on the TV. The news explains that the road is closing soon for race people having been waiting for the race. Then it shows Chris' parents sponsored the race Chris and Grandpa not happy to hear about this. Sam questions us," Well? You guys aren't gonna disappoint that crowd, are you? They've been waiting for hours to see us go human and hedgehog."

Sonic replied serious," Tough." Sam screams angry," Come on!" When the sun's finally up Amy, Tails, and Chris are with Sam checking out his car. Sonic and I are napping that's when Bokkun came for a visit. Bokkun says nonchalantly," Wake up. I have a message for you." Sonic jumped up not liking the idea of a suprise explosion. I greet Bokkun with a yawn Bokkun said annoyed to Sonic," Relax. I promise this one isn't going to explode at the end." Sonic says suspicious on guard," All right. What is it?"

Bokkun says serious," One of you better enter that race. Or you'll have to have to face this!" He threw out a robot trying to kiss us now fully awake especially when Sonic saved me from being kissed. Sonic decided to race Sam giving in to the race. Amy asked confused," I don't get it. I wonder what changed Sonic's mind?" Tails guessed Sonic couldn't resist the challenge Chara agreeing with Tails. I said calmly," Nope. Eggman came by getting Sonic to race." Tails questions startled," Eggman?" I nod Chara asks in thought," I wonder why?"

We all shrug watching the two ready to race. The race started Sonic getting a late start because the start Sam had. Sam did cheat or being rude we were going to give him lunch but Sam purposely blasted sand at us. I glared angry after Sam telling Sonic to kick his butt angry that I'm now covered in sand. Eggman had sent a robot but it was ignored by both racers. Sonic easily won the race against Sam.

~

Tails, Amy, Chara, Cream, and Cheese went with Chris and his friends camping. I went with Sonic to the city not that far away. It was fun getting to try some food having fun. We went exploring enjoying the views in the city. That's when after leaving the city found Eggman. Sonic said calmly," Fancy meeting you here." I ask confused," What are you doing here?" Eggman said nervous," Well, Sonic, Y/n, we were just doing a lovely bit of sightseeing." The other two Docoe and Bocoe with him quickly agree.

We noticed the large gash on a mountain Sonic said playing along," Ah, your on vacation." Eggman said nervous," Yes, vacation. See I've been a gloomy guss as of late that I thought I could use some pleasure time in the fresh air would do me some good." Bocoe agreed I ask suspicious," Really?" Eggman yells," Let it fly!" We dodge the attack running up the robot arm stopping next to them greeting the shocked three. Sonic said calmly," Haven't you clowns learned yet that your not fast enough to catch us. We threw our bags calmly destroying Eggman's robot after saying goodbye.

We caught our bags that's when we heard Amy yelling for us. We look over finding Tanaka, Chris' teacher, and Amy running to us. The teacher said," You guys need to do something!" He paused saying calmer," I see you guys have already done something." We both nod humming in approval.
Amy quickly explains what's going on worried. We calmly agree to find him getting Tanaka to hold our bags. We run off starting our search for them.

We find them trying to clean muddy water for a Chao colony. We happily agree to help Sonic and I emptying the water of all the mud. Everyone cheers happy the Chaos jumping into the water getting praise from everyone. Sonic points out how muddy they all are. We joined in on camping with them having fun. Sonic went up relaxing in the large tree near us while I have fun with everyone around the campfire.