Chapter eleven

Y/n pov

Sonic and I went out for a run I ask curious," Have you noticed people have been acting werid recently?" Sonic nods with a shrug," Yeah, I don't know why though." I said with a humm," Maybe because we stopped Eggman, again?" Sonic replied nonchalantly," Maybe. I wonder what everyone's doing back at Chric's house?" I answered nonchalantly," Probably the same as all ways." Sonic agrees with me we head back to find everyone except Mr. Tanaka in the living room.

I ask interested as we linger at the door," I wonder what's up?" Sonic shrugs opening the door announcing we're back. Chris greets us telling us about how we're invited to the president's party. He also told us they can come along too. Of course Sonic reminded me about Helen having asked if we could all hang out Thursday. Chris became confused I explained about how we met her during on one of our runs.

Sonic said nonchalantly," We promised to go." I said with a sigh," You go with Helen Sonic. I'll go to this party with everybody." Sonic responds suprised," Are you sure?" I reply with a shrug," Yeah, I'm sure everyone wants to go to the party. I'll be fine. Go have fun with Helen and tell me about it later." Sonic hesitates before he slowly nods he ran over to Chris' grandpa before running out the other door towards the storage room. Chris said with a smile," Thanks Y/n." I said giving his a smile," No problem. I just hope I don't regret this later."

~

We're at the party I wasn't expecting all the attention I had to wear a dress. Amy excitedly got us to wear similar dresses with hers red and mine d/c with matching heels. Everyone went out first and I came out last startled when I'm swarmed with people and cameras. Chara I could tell was the most uncomfortable being held onto by Amy probably keeping him from escaping this. The president right hand came through happily greeting us he is excited to see me happily introducing me as a guest of honor. He asked me confused," Where's Sonic?" Grandpa answered," He's not coming."

He freaked out at first but then changes his tune saying happily," Well at least your here Y/n, welcome." I gave a curt nod he happily leading us in Chris whispered to me while we walked," Thanks for coming Y/n. I guess it wouldn't have gone good if either of you hadn't came. The whole time the press wouldn't leave me alone the president also wouldn't either not fully by choice. I tried being as polite as possible not wanting to cause trouble for everyone. I thought annoyed,' Sonic better be having fun with Helen.'

Sonic suprisingly Sonic showed up with Helen. They now gave Sonic the attention as I sighed relieved tired of them. We all got a good laugh when the guy wanted to take the picture now with the President and Sonic, but they're all asleep.

~

This next day Chris got us cellphones saying it help. Sonic wasn't thrilled about it I wasn't really listening reading a book. Amy, Tails, and Chara came in the living room telling Chris they've been waiting for him outside. Chris became embarrassed realizing he forgot Sonic asked interested," Where are you guys going?" Amy explains they are going shopping saying that she knows he wouldn't come. When she became excited when she saw the cellphone starting to ramble about something.

I tuned her out startled when I'm suddenly picked up dropping my book. Sonic ran out with me after saying when Chris questions about the cellphone," Leave a message for me." I said startled," Uh, what just happened?" Sonic responds nonchalantly," I saved you from something uncomfortable and boring." I said confused," Um, okay?" Eventually he let me down and we run together looking around. But that's when robots are attacking destroying things. Sonic and I quickly save everyone destroying the robots. Probably really annoying Eggman Sonic and I ran up a gigantic building facing the ship.

Eggman said through a speaker," Let's play, for keeps." Sonic said smirking," Fine with us, right Y/n?" I nod ready to beat Eggman all over again. Eggman fired missiles at us we quickly move, but they chase us. We use that getting missiles to destroy more of Eggman's robots. We destroyed the last two before running up the building jumping off flying towards Eggman's ship. But of course we missed as we started falling I said annoyed," So close." Sonic and I start running from orange Eggman planes. They chase us firing at us not getting us. We couldn't shake them off even when we hide.

Then Sonic said having a idea," I have an idea. Follow my lead." I nod we get on one of the planes using the planes to get to Eggman's ship. Of course they blew up before we could get there. But miraculously the explosion sent us flying at the ship able to grab on. Of course we couldn't stay on slowly sliding off falling once again. We land on a building little green probs surrounding us. Of course they shoot lasers at us as we run again I asked annoyed," How much stuff is in there?" Sonic answered," Probably a lot."

~

Thankfully back up came being the X Tornado we both cheer happy to see it. We jump I land on the Tornado Sonic destroying the probs getting on with me. Tails flies us up dodging Eggman's ship firing at us. Chris said concerned," We can't fight Eggman here. It'll destroy the buildings." Tails agrees Sonic says calmly," Alright, leave it to us." I ask confused," And how will we do that?" Sonic replied with a smirk," You'll see." I followed Sonic's lead teasing Eggman before flying off.

Eggman chased us Sonic pleased his plan worked. Eggman started firing at us again even with a big attack that grazed us. Everyone started panicking Sonic asked concerned," So the X Tornado can only fly at full speed for 30 seconds?" Tails answered," Yeah, if we're lucky." Sonic said smirking," Okay, then fly full speed at the bridge." Everyone looked at him shocked Chris voicing that's crazy. But Sonic's determined sure that it'll work. I said nonchalantly," Might as well. It's the best chance we got."

We did Sonic's plan both of us getting two rings blowing up his ship. We land on a ship Chris being the first to cheer as the top opens. I said with a smile," Great idea Sonic." Sonic said pleased," All in a days work." Tails said serious," Well, we stopped Eggman again, but I beat he'll be back." Chris agrees with Tails Tails says," Eggman has a ton of tricks up his sleeves. This battle is only the beginning."