Part 4

Hey everyone! This part may be a little choppy. And may need to be edited in the future, but I hope you enjoy :)

Lan Zhan's Pov

This girl, is she really part of one of the hidden sects? Why would they make contact now? It's been over twenty-five years since the last time anyone made contact with them. "A-ya, come we have to go to class," All she did was walk right by my side. Very graceful, quiet, strong. But I can also see something else in her eyes. I just don't know what it is.

"Lan Zhan, A-ya, glad to see you both are here...With you two around maybe class will go smoothly," Old master Lan grumbled.

"Uncle I'm grateful that you allowed me to be here," A-ya spoke in a voice that sounded soothing to me. And apparently it also sounded soothing to Uncle. I could see his shoulders relax and him take as deep breath.

"A-ya come sit next to me," I said as I gestured to the spot next to me. After A-ya got herself situated next to me, we both heard a gasp. In comes the lead disciple of the Jiang sect, Wei Wuxian, along with Jiang Cheng, Sect leader Jiang's son. Nie Huaisang is standing next to the two. I looked away from them as uncle started his lesson. Through the whole lesson I could hear Wei Wuxian making offhand comments. I could also tell A-ya could hear him because her eyebrows started to twitch.

Qi Huang Pov

A couple hours went by since class started and I already wanted to rip my hair out. Not because the class but because of Wei Wuxian. That troublemaker just don't know how to keep his mouth shut. Without me noticing I started to pull at my knuckles. By the time the class ended my knuckles ached and were red. This went on for a couple days until uncle Lan kicked Wei Wuxian out of class for talking lightly about demonic cultivation. For once my hands weren't beat red by the time class ended. I was now walking together with Lan Zhan to the bridge that is above a little stream. I turned to Lan Zhan and smiled, "brother today is such a nice day, don't you agree?" All he did was hum in agreement, not even caring that I called him brother.

"A-ya, uncle Xiao wants to speak with us in the main hall, we can go see him before dinner." I didn't get to respond to Lan Zhan because we heard the loud voice of Wei Wuxian.

"Qi Huang, Lan Wangji!!!" Wei Wuxian yelled while waving with a stick in his hand. Lan Zhan looked at him then walked away like he didn't see him or his two friends that are standing next to them. Sighing I made my way towards them. Nie Huaisang hid behind Jiang Cheng while mumbling, "Wei Wuxian, look at her face. She doesn't look happy, I think you pissed her off."

"Wei Wuxian" I said when I stopped in front of them.

"Yes, Im here." he said while laughing, but after a couple of seconds he stopped laughing when he saw my face darkening.

"Shameless" I then started to walk away, going right to the main hall where Uncle Xiao was waiting for me. From that day a couple months flew by, when uncle xiao called me to the main hall again. By the time I arrived, the Lan brothers, uncle Lan and uncle xiao were there.
"Little Qi, I was wondering when you were going to show up." Uncle Xiao spoke.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. What is it you need to speak of?" I asked. Uncles face instantly went blank.

"You know we've been here for quite awhile, I was just thinking maybe we should back home." He spoke while looked right at me, "I know you might not be happy with my decision but, I believe your mother must be worried sick." What uncle says must be true, afterall we haven't been keeping in contact with her at all these past months.

"I agree uncle." I spoke lightly. That afternoon the family of three Lans bid us farewell at the entrance of the sect. I bowed to them, "Thank you all for treating us these past months." They bowed back and Uncle Xiao and I started our journey home.