Part 5

Home

By the time uncle and I got home we were dead tired from the trip. "Little Qi, is that you!" I hear mother yell out. I turned to embrace her, only to notice that her stomach had gotten bigger. "Mother, are you..." She smiled and hugged me.

"Your going to be a big sister." She pulled away and smiled at me. Then her boyfriend Xi Mohua, also known as unit leader/sect leader Xi, stood next to her.

"Little Qi, you're finally back!" He then pulled me into a hug and ruffled my hair.

"Xi Mohua, I hope your being responsible for once and taking care of my mother." I grumbled out. He started to pout and stomp his feet like a child.

"I'm always responsible of course I will take care of your mother, and why don't you call me father!" He cried out while shaking me.

"I'll call you father when you marry mother." I joked.

"Actually, we are planning on getting married in two months." Mother said while softly rubbing her stomach. "By then we will only have to wait about three months for the baby to be born."

"For being four months, your already pretty big. You might be having twins." Uncle Xiao commented while eyeing her stomach. Smiling I walked over to the couple and pulled them into a hug.

Two months later

Everything is decorated in red.Even the servants running around are wearing the lightest shades of red. Today's the day. Today everything changes. Today Mother will get married and I'll have a father that will love me and the unborn baby, and of course mother. All of a sudden everyone went quiet. When I looked over to the entrance I could she mother walking with Xi Mohua, my soon to be father. They bowed three times. First bow is to the heavens, next to the parents, and lastly to each other. After that the ceremony started. Usually wedding ceremonies will last two days, but see as mother is pregnant, it only lasted one day. The doctor complaining that she needs to rest.

Three months later

It was dreadful listening to mothers screams. For two straight hours that's all anyone could hear. But in the end it was worth it. In my arms I hold a baby wrapped in bundles of blankets. Next to me, mother was also holding a baby. Twins, one a boy and the other a girl. I looked down at my baby brother who was in my arms, then at my baby sister who was cuddled in mothers arms. "I swear to protect both of you." I whispered in the quietest voice I could. I felt mother rub my back. When I looked over, her and father were smiling fondly at me.

"I guess we can't call you little Qi Anymore." Father said. Everyone in the room found it amusing and started laughing.

A servant boy ran into the room gripping a letter. Uncle Xiao turned to him and raised an eyebrow.

"What is it, dear boy?" He asked the shaken servant. Slowly in a shaky voice the servant answered.

"Sect leader Xiao, I have a letter from the Wen clan." Everyone's face turned into one of disgust. Father was the first to speak.

"What do those vermin want now?" The servant who calmed down a little spoke up again.

"The archery competition will be held by the wens, they want us to join in the competition. From the looks of the contents of the letter, it seems they think we are weak and will be easy competition." Suddenly mother started laughing scaring the two newborn babies. The handmaids took them out of the room when they saw mothers face darkening and it became hard to breath in the room.

"Do they really think they can win. How arrogant."She started to laugh darkly. "I'll make sure those bastards fall into the hands of death." The handmaids started to bow and plead.

"My lady, please don't say that." This angered mother greatly, she pushed more of her blood lust out, making it incredibly hard to breath.

"Do you believe their stronger to us! Are you submitting to your fear of them!" I rushed to defend the poor maids.

"Mother, please calm down. You have to remember, they don't have high cultivation, they have every right to be scared." I spoke softly as if I'm talking to a scared animal. This seemed to calm her down. She whispers in a guilty voice.

"I'm sorry everyone, I don't know what got into me. Everyone please leave." No one spoke as they listened to her request and had their way to the door, the only one that stayed behind way father. When I was almost out the door I heard mother call for me,"A-ya, please check on your siblings, make sure they're okay." I smiled faintly at her and went to find the handmaids that have my siblings.