Part 6

Three and a-half months later

I hate them, I hate their beady-eyes. I hate the way they look at me like they want to taint my body and my soul. I hate the Wens for who they are. I also fear sect leader Jin. That man is known for his disgusting ways that bring him many illegitimate children. My sect holds many women of great power, so naturally we would send women to compete, we don't care about gender. Our rules are based on equality and discipline, men and women are equal in our eyes. This brings trouble from boys of other sects. A Jin boy tried wooing my best friend, Xi Bai. That didn't end well for him. He ended up getting punched right in the nose. Uncle Xiao scolded her but I could tell he was trying not to laugh. I could also hear the mumbles of the Sect Leaders, something about the Wen's seats being up higher than theirs. Xi Bai whispered to me, "Damn Wens think that their better than us. They even dare make their seats seem of higher power." I looked a her and could see the fire in her eyes.

"Xi Bai, don't do anything irrational. It could reflect badly on our sect." I whispered over my shoulder. All I got from her was a snort and a squeeze of the shoulder. Before I knew it, the competition started and I was hunting down my prey. Well that was before I saw Wei Wuxian and Wen Chao fighting and getting split up by Lan Zhan. After Wen Chao left I walked over to Lan Zhan and gave him a questioning look. To which he responded with a shake of his head. I should have expected that. "Wei Ying, where's Jiang Cheng?" I said while looking around, "It seems you have lost your brother, usually you guys are never apart from each other." Before he could answer I walked away. After 20 minutes I met back up with Xi Bai. Behind her was her brother Xi Bao and his friend Li Wang. The funny thing is, even though Xi Bai's brother is older than her, he is only a couple inches taller than her. Li Wang is a whole different story, for he is taller and more muscular than Li Bao, making them seem like an odd pair. Xi Bao and Li Wang are older that both me and Xi Bai by three years, making them eighteen years old. If I'm going to be honest, I think they have a thing for each other. If I remember correctly, about two years ago I managed to get Li Wang drunk ...not that I meant to ...okay maybe I did mean to. Anyways, two years ago a time when the world seemed right. A time when I thought I had all the time in the world. Two Years ago....

*Sorry for the short chapter, I promise the next chapter will be longer. I hope you are enjoying the story so far. If you have any suggestions on what should happen during the story, please feel free to tell me, and who knows, maybe your idea will end up in the story:) I hope you all have a good day..or night*