Chapter 19

Deku shifted slightly uncomfortable, he doubted he could ever relax again in front of Shigaraki. The logical part of his brain knew that Shigaraki only put him through the pain to give him Shadow Sight. His body and emotional side however refused to relax.

"Close your eyes." Shigaraki said and Deku obeyed. "Picture yourself activating your quirk but don't actually do it."

Deku began to picture himself sitting and then turning on Full Crowl. He began to feel a tingle run in his body. Energy was pumping in his veins as fast as his blood, he could feel the rush beneath the skin. His quirk felt alive, breathing and running as a river.

Shigaraki sighed and tapped him on the head, "Open your eyes for a second." Deku opened them and saw his body glowing with his power. "You activated your quirk, just by imagining it. Even though I told you not to activate it. You did it unconsciously. Everything about you and your quirk is based on instinct, so we need to change that. Institution is only a small part of a quirk the rest is control. Close your eyes and try again."

Once again Deku visualized his quirk. He failed a second time to keep it off.

"Keep your eyes closed and turn off your quirk. Clear your mind for a second. Good your quirk isn't running. Okay try this, imagine lifting your arms above your head, but don't do the action... Did you do it. "

"Yes."

"Good now imagine sticking your tongue out but don't do it. After that picture yourself running fast, and faster, and faster. No go back to the picture of you raising your hand... All of those things you pictured but didn't do. Let's try switching gears, and do the same with your quirk. Think of your Quirk as an extension of your body. Picture your blood mixing with your quirk as energy rushes through it, but don't let your physical body move according to your imagination."

Deku followed the instructions and started to feel soothed my Shigaraki's voice. His anxiety from earlier drained away as he pictured himself. His quirk an extension. Shigaraki continued to instruct Deku, his voice almost hypnotic. Then the voice went silent. No words were spoken for a while as Deku pictured himself activating his quirk but hopefully not doing it in real life. Finally Shigaraki broke the silent spell.

"Looks like third time really is the charm." Shigaraki smiled, "Alright now keep that image. Let's try something a little more difficult. Picture yourself fighting someone with your quirk. Do not move. Do not open your eyes, no matter what goes on around you. Stay concentrated.

Deku pictured sparing with Dabi, using both quirks as Dabi Lectures him. Something strange impeded his vision. A black and white outline of Shigaraki moving swept away his attention. He could see the movements and then hear the results from them. It was like watching a video in which the picture and sound didn't match up. One was always lagging behind. It was then that Deku realized he unconsciously turned on Shadow Sight. Hopefully he didn't activate his other quirk. He focused for a brief moment then was able to turn it off. The more he practiced the better he got. Shigaraki noticed the change in Deku's disposition.

"You stopped."

"I'm sor-" Deku was cut off.

"It's okay, it's just a warm up exercise. You can already do it if you focus which is good enough until we move on to the next step. The next is activating your quirk and maintaining it with little thought. You can picture your quirk without activating it but can you do the opposite? Can you active without thinking? Your instincts interfere, remember we want control."

"Dabi also drilled me on this. Should I active them both?"

Shigaraki thought for a minute then shook his head, "No. Lets do something else. When I call "one" active one for all. When I call "two" active Shadow Sight. "Stop" will mean shut then both down while "both" means active them at the same time. Now close your eyes and let's try this."

"One."

Deku focused on getting the power to work.

Shigaraki clicked his tongue, "Tsk! Don't think about it just do it. Again." There was an odd amount of silence. With his eyes closed Deku couldn't tell were Shigaraki was or when the next order would be. "Go." He said calmly and almost slow. The voice socked Deku and quickly he remembered to put both Quirks to work.

"You are still too slow." Shigaraki grumbled. "Do you know why hero's shout out their attacks when they fight?"

"Deku thought about it but could not come up with a good answer. "No sir."

"It's not because it's cool or anything like that. It's so they can process what they are going to do before they do it. Your mind reacts faster than your body. So if your mind and body are equally as fast then you'll be at an advantage. Also listen to the Hero's attacks as they call them out and you'll know what's coming. Let's put the imagining aside allow me to demonstrate."

Deku opened his eyes, "We're sparing?"

"Sort of." Shigaraki smiled, "Jab With left Hand"

"Pardon? Oof!" Deku was hit has Shigaraki used his hand for impact.

"Repeat." Shigaraki said as he did the action again. Deku barely managed to block it. "Right cut, then aim for opening."

Deku didn't have time to block the right cut and was punched hard, another impact followed. Deku lost his balance and feel. Shigaraki sighed and put his hands down, relaxing his shoulders.

"Your body can't keep up with your mind right now. You need to be able to react in less than a millisecond. This is also why you get beaten even with Shadow Sight. I believe Toga taught you some sort of meditation?"

"Yes." Deku brushed himself off. He was shocked that Shigaraki was so strong even though he seemed fragile enough to snap in half under the slights pressure.

"Add the quirk visualizing on top of meditation. I will also so you another way to meditate perhaps this will help as well." Shigaraki sat down gesturing for Deku, to do the same. After being a punching bag Deku was happy to obey. " I will be teaching you until you get everything right. Be prepared for more training after this."

"Of course!" Deku could feel a smile creep across his face. He closed his eyes and followed Shigaraki detailed instructions. Everyone was doing so much to help him. He could never be thankful enough. Truth be told he felt more at home and that he learned a lot more in the past month he's been with them then he had in U.A.

He could forget all about the ones he left behind and focus on getting stronger, better, faster. So that nothing and no one would stand in his way. Every moment was critical. He needed to progress faster than the Hero's he had left behind, better then the classmates he no longer had.

Dabi has good aim, and wanted to practice archery but he never did. His sister does though and he'll watch her competitions.

Himiko has once convinced Dabi to let her paint his fingernails black and his toenails hot pink. (She Also did it herself and it was her own nail polish.)

Shion steals to help provide for his family and 3 siblings that survived.

Himiko has reading glasses.

Kurogiri manages most of the money.