11

{ kentrell }

I watched as Naja came back in the classroom. Sum bout her was different, but I can't tell what it is.

I wanted to talk to her, but I feel like she don't wanna talk to me, so I kept my mouth shut, and did my work. Throughout the class, I swore I seen her wipe a tear. I hope none of that gotta do with me.

...

School was out, and I still hadn't said a word to Bre, even though she sat right next to me at lunch. The only thing I could notice was Naja sitting by herself, just listening to music. I got into my car, and drove home. Them other niggas love walking.

I spotted Naja walking with Ben. I beeped, tryna scare them and Ben jumped.

"Bitch you play." He said, as I put my window down.

"Get in, it's too hot for y'all to be walkin," I said.

"Fuck you." He replied.

"Nigga y'all really finna walk when I'm offering y'all a ride."

At this point, I was driving slow as a bitch beside them.

"I guess you right, but it's still fuck you." I laughed, and he signaled for Naja to get in the back.

"I can walk." She said. Cars behind me started beeping.

"Just get in." I said. She listened. I'm glad she did, because I wasn't stoppin til she got in. It's bout 90 degrees out this bitch.

Ima take Ben home first, and try to get her to just talk to me.

{ naja }

I sat in the back of Kentrell's car. Knowing him he prolly fucked a couple girls in here.

"Tell me why Mr. Adams ugly ass gon give me a detention because that Chris nigga kept talkin shit to me," Ben said.

"Which Chris?" Kentrell asked.

"He in yo second period I think, cause I remember seeing him in there that one day I told you come skip class with me." He replied.

Yet, I still never noticed that nigga was in our class.

"Man, I was late to class Friday and this nigga start sayin dumb shit. Talkin bout I'm late again, then I said I'm here tho, and he gon say not on time, or some shit like that. I asked him if he gotta problem with me or sum, cause I was gon beat the fuck outta dude, but he ain't go no farther," Kentrell explained.

"You think he got sum against us?" Ben asked.

"Man, I'll kill dat nigga."

I gave him the craziest look when he said that. The whole story bout one of them killin a nigga might be true. What if Kentrell the one that did it ... I can't see his small ass doing that to nobody, but looks be deceiving.

Ben just laughed. After this ride, I know for a fact it's a lot I don't know.

He dropped Ben off first, and I tensed up.

"Don't try nun with my friend." He said.

"Ite." Kentrell said.

"Be safe y'all."

"You too." We replied in unison.

He drove off, and for a second the ride was silent, but he broke it.

"Say, come sit up here." He said.

"For what?" I replied.

"I can't talk to you?"

"There's nun to say."

"Naja..." He sighed.

"Fine." I gave in, as he pulled over. I got up front, leaving my book bag in the back. He drove off once again.

"What's up with you?" He asked.

"I be chillin."

"You lyin. You looked sad as a bitch in second period."

I ain't know he was payin attention.

"Look, I just wanna go home."

"Ite, but why you gotta be so weird towards me?"

Is he serious? This is where I draw the line, when somebody asks a question they have the answer to.

"You know why. I know you ain't think we was gon do what we did, and everything would be okay. You might feel like that nigga, but I just feel like a dog ass bitch if we being honest right now."

"We were drunk, Naja. Alcohol make you do a lot of shit. Ion think you should feel like that, everybody makes mistakes."

"And now I gotta live in mine."

"It ain't nun we can do now, so why regret it?"

"You have a girlfriend. Why you can't understand I got so many reasons to feel the way I do?"

"Nobody ever understood me."

I realized this wasn't even the way to my house. I panicked cause he not bout to kill me.

"Do you even remember where I live?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Then where you takin me?"

"Home. I tried to go longer ways so we could have a civil conversation, but you don't want to, it's cool."

"What do you mean nobody ever understood you," I asked, ignoring what he just said.

"Any decision I make is for shit to get better, but I always end up hurting somebody..... just like you hurtin right now."

I sighed.

"All these people think I'm a bad person, but they don't know me. You only see what you get, and my image be getting all fucked up. Don't nobody understand me." He added.

"Ion think you a bad person ..."

Him saying that made me look at him a whole lot different. He tries to do what's best for him but in the long run, he ends being in the wrong for it. I feel like he's actually a good person, but he been through so much that he doesn't show it anymore. I can relate to it, because you get nun but hurt being a good person.

"You one of the only people then." He replied.

It's crazy how we went from me yelling bout what happened, to me feeling real bad for putting myself in the category of people that feel like he's wrong. I know fuckin that boy wasn't right, but neither is the inconsistency in his relationship. He said himself that Bre was ungrateful, and pretty much just a bad girlfriend to sum it up, yet there's people out here that make it out to be the opposite. Most people in our school bash Kentrell the minute Bre lets their business get around. I can't condone what happened, but I can say he had his reasons... but I ain't have none besides the fact that I was drunk.

"Let it be like that then."

He looked at me, as we finally pulled up to my house.

"What?" I asked, as I grabbed my book bag from the back.

"Nun, but if I hit you up tonight, you gon answer?"

"I guess you just gon have to find out."

-

STREAM HOUSE ARREST TINGZ 🕺🏽