43

{ naja }

"Damn girl, you alright in there?" Daja asked.

"I'm fine," I lied, coming out of the stall.

"You look sick as hell. Girl, we finna go to the hospital," she exclaimed.

"For what? I'm fine." I felt a lil better after letting it out.

"You don't think you're pregn—"

"I took two tests, and they both came back negative."

"Girl, I know you not talkin bout them cheap ass tests in yo moms room. I used one and it came back negative, but when I went a bought a more accurate one, that shit said positive," she explained.

At this point, I'm scared. If I'm pregnant, my mom is literally gonna kick me to the curb. What if Kentrell tells me to get an abortion ... I say no, and then I'm all on my own. Just me and the baby. I got sad thinking about it.

"I need to figure this shit out. So what we gon do is go to the store and get one of them more accurate ones." I lowly said. I wasn't up to being here anymore.

"That's fine. We can leave."

We exited the bathroom, and soon seen all them leaving the food court.

We walked the opposite way, and went to the car. I got my phone out, and texted Kentrell, so he didn't think I just left. I texted Ben too, but I'm guessing his phone died or sum, cause it ain't deliver.

Me
My mom needed some help so I'll see y'all later 🙄

He read it, but ain't text back. I hope he not mad at me.

We pulled up to the local corner store, and bought like three tests. I was scared out my mind, but panicking ain't gon help shit.

"I just want you to know I think you'll be a great mom." Daja said. This time she'd been driving, because I ain't feel like it. I ain't even know she knew how to.

I really feared the thought of being a mom. I always thought when I had a kid, I'd be older, and able to provide a better life for them than I ever had.

I thought I'd really be WITH the person I chose to start a family with.

"Thank you."

"I-uh-went through with the abortion .." she started.

"Did Boomer know?" I asked.

"He held my hand through it."

She sounded so sad bout it.

"So .... why does he seem so mad at you? He consented to it, too."

"I regret it." She had shed a tear, and I felt so bad, which is why if I'm pregnant .... then I'm a mom.

I just knew she would get to thinkin bout this.

"You're young, and you were thinkin bout how it could affect not only you, but the people around you." I tried comforting her.

"Boomer wouldn't even look at the ultrasound, because he said he has to live with this for the rest of his life," she replied, ignoring me. I had told her to pull the car over, because she was crying, and she listened.