52

{ kentrell }

"You gotta help me," I said to Ben, as we drove off the school parking lot.

"With what?"

"I'm tryna prove to Naja I'm for her."

He laughed, but I was dead serious.

"You bein forreal right now?" He asked.

"I ain't felt like this towards nobody for a long time-"

"Nigga, you just sayin this. You ain't ready for no damn relationship, and you know dat."

"How I feel say otherwise. Nigga, she's carrying my seed ..." I replied.

"And that's why you feel like that, but soon you gon see some bitch, and wanna bust a nut in her, and you ain't gon think bout Naja," He explained.

"What's wrong with you? First you encourage me to put a title on this shit, and now that I want to, it's a problem."

"Cause now I realize how serious this all is-"

"I don't understand how nobody thinks I'm ready for a relationship, but dead set on me being a good father, like that ain't a big ass responsibility!"

"You HAVE to be a father, but you don't have to be with the mother, it's a huge difference."

"But I wanna be, and that's what you not understanding."

"Kentrell-"

"No, Ben, I love her," I exclaimed, and the whole car got silent. I ain't even truly know that I felt that way until just now ...

"You love her?" Ben asked, surprised.

"Um, I- I just need to know if you gon help me or not." I stuttered, changing the subject.

"Ion think I gotta choice no more."

{ naja }

"Girl, I ain't gon be able to walk home with a big ass stomach," I complained.

"Worry bout that when you have a big ass stomach. All you got right now is that cute lil bump," Daja replied.

"Hey, congratulations," I heard behind me.

"For what?" Daja asked, tryna throw Bre off, but everybody's onto me now.

"Don't act stupid, I know she pregnant," she said, pointing at me.

"No, she's not-" Daja started, but I stopped her.

"You mad it ain't you?" I asked, seriously wanting to know why this girl hates me so bad over a nigga she ain't appreciate.

"You think a baby keeps a nigga, and that's where you finna fuck up. Come see me when that baby drops, and every problem comes!" She spat, before walking towards her car.

"Your fake baby couldn't keep a nigga, but guess what I'm not lookin for no nigga to keep, my child gon be good regardless, bitch!"

"Yeah, that's why you walking home when your BD just got a whole brand new ass car."

I tried to lunge at her, but Daja stopped me.

"You don't wanna hurt the baby," she said.

"Yeah, so you are pregnant, forreal," Bre scoffed.