45

{ naja }

My phone been on DND for like the last couple days, and I haven't been talking to anybody. I just need my space right now.

Daja gets my work for me from school, and turns it in, too, but I'll be going back tomorrow, which is Monday, the beginning of the week ... ew.

Somebody started pounding on my door, which pulled me outta my thoughts.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Ben. Yo mom let me in to give you this school work. Daja said she forgot to give it to you on Friday."

"Just slide it under the door."

He sighed, "What's wrong? Why you ain't been to school?"

"I have a really bad headache, and I just wanna be left alone," I bluntly replied.

"You didn't answer nobody birthday messages or nun, and I know you ain't that sick," He said.

My birthday was just another day. All I did was lay in the house, and watch TV. The only people that got to hear me say "thank you," are the ones I live with.

I don't give a fuck bout gifts, so not getting shit ain't affect me at all.

"Ben-" I stopped, because I started feeling real nauseous.

"What?" He asked, as he slid the work under my door.

"Nun. Thank you for the birthday wish, though."

"Take yo phone off DND. The least you could do is let me check up on you."

I stayed silent. There was a short moment of silence, before I heard him going down the stairs.

After a couple seconds of just laying there, and looking at my phone, I finally got up, and looked at myself in the mirror.

That nauseous feeling went away when I rubbed my stomach. For some reason, it works every time.

"Naja, come down here!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

I rolled my eyes, before throwing on a hoodie, and going down there.

"What?"

"Come sit down here for a little bit. You always in that damn room."

I didn't respond.

"Girl, what's wrong with you?" My mom asked.

"I'm good-"

"Why you ain't been in school?" She interrupted me.

I didn't say anything.

"You not gon answer me?" She asked.

"I don't got time for this," I replied, getting up.

"Time for what? I'm your mom and—"

"Now you wanna be a mom?" I shook my head, moving past her.

"No matter what, I've always been your mom! Who makes sure you're taken care of-"

"That's your job. To make sure I'm taken care of, so don't reward yourself for the basics. I can't talk to you bout nun. We not close, so why I gotta explain myself to you?"

I had no idea why I was being so rude, but I meant everything I said.

"Baby, I-" Robert came in, and my mom looked at him with tears in her eyes.

That nauseous feeling came back, and I walked to the steps normally, but ran to the bathroom when I knew they couldn't see me anymore.

I know that I can't go through this alone, so I plan on telling Kentrell right after school tomorrow.

I don't know how's he gon react, and that's what scares me the most.

What if I really have to go through this all alone ...

{ kentrell }

"Ian lyin, I'm not into this," I bluntly said, pushing Kay off me.

"What you mean? I know you not thinkin bout-"

"We ain't a thing. Don't ask me bout nun," I interrupted her.

When I dropped the song I made, I got so much attention, so I said fuck it, and threw a block party.

All my old songs started goin up too.

It's crazy cause this drop was supposed to be for Naja, but she weird as fuck. Ain't no tellin what that girl be doin.

She ain't answer me at all on her birthday, or before that, and ain't been in school since I caught her talkin to that nigga, but if she don't give a fuck bout nun, then I don't either.

I guess that's why I ended up fuckin Kay at that party, and here we are the next day, doin the same shit, but I don't wanna be with this girl at all. I regret this shit.

"I never said I was your girl ..." she responded.

"Good. You can leave now."

"What-"

"Bye," I simply said.

"Why you gotta be so mean? You wasn't acting like this yesterday," she scoffed.

"I popped a perc yesterday, so, that answers that."

"Whatever. Fuck you," she flipped me off, before grabbing all her shit, and going downstairs.

"Bitch, ion give a fuck." I said, before slamming the door behind her.

"I told you stop inviting them lil thots in here," Monique said from the living room.

"Where Three at?" I asked, changing the subject.

"He said he was gon meet Ben at that lil house y'all be at."

"Ite."

I went back upstairs, and put some shoes on, before getting in my car, and blasting my song.

"Preach bout my life, my interview be the booth
I got my head on steady, goin in, I can't lose
Just want your love to be genuine, I'm the one that you use
And I won't change for anything, I give it all up for you
But if I ever let my feelings pass, baby then I'm through
And I won't never leave, but if I catch you with another man baby, then I'm through
'Cause I been caught up counting up
And baby I don't need no love
I just want money and some drugs
I'm turned up in the club, blow through the ceiling with my thugs
They know that I don't give a fuck."

My phone started going off crazy, and it was annoying as a bitch.

People kept following me on Instagram, and all these BR hoes keep comin outta nowhere in my DM's. Ion want none of them.

I pulled up to the trap, and see Boomer outside talking to Daja.

He came over hype as a bitch to my song, until I turned it off.

"You went off on that," He said, dapping me up when I got out the car.

"I appreciate it. I just hope I get somewhere forreal."

"Trust me, you gon get somewhere."

"Thank you, bro."

Before he could respond, all I heard was "YB!"

I turned around, and seen some girl who wanted to take a picture with me.

This been happening a lot lately. Everybody been acting so different towards me, and ion like it, cause these people ain't like me before.

-

GET THAT BREAD
GET THAT HEAD, THEN LEAVE
PEACE OUT ✌🏾