one < A CONTENDER

A CONTENDER

        SOARING THROUGH THE GALAXY, Ryn and Brunnhilde were sent on a mission by their boss, The Grandmaster

        SOARING THROUGH THE GALAXY, Ryn and Brunnhilde were sent on a mission by their boss, The Grandmaster. Enjoying the beautiful stars along the way, Ryn decided to land on a planet full of junk, hoping to scavenge for something valuable.

Once landing, Brunnhilde spotted something.... weird. It was these other scavengers looking like they were attacking some large blond man.

"Who is that?" Ryn asked curiously.

"I don't know. He must be pretty important if they want to get him so bad" Brunnhilde explained.

"Well let's go see!" exclaimed Ryn.

Opening up the top vessel of their ship, Brunnhilde stumbled out and onto the platform leading to ground, Ryn following closely behind. Brunnhilde still holding her beer bottle from earlier, finished her drink with ease.

She dropped her bottle to the floor, and wiped her mouth afterwards. "He's ours"

Ryn watched behind in absolute awe as she thought that her friend was intimidating the other scavengers, when she was doing the exact opposite.

Not long after, she started down the ramp, only to fall to the side into loads of garbage. Ryn sighed and facepalmed as she stood on the ramp by herself now. The scavengers watched with tilted heads, eventually shrugging it off and continuing to beat the poor man, who managed to get a look at his so called "saviors".

Ryn stayed on the platform, not knowing what to do without her friend. She watched as the scavengers kicked and punched the large man.

"Wait!" Brunnhilde yelled, holding her arm up. Slowly, she got to her feet. "Wait..." she huffed, placing her hand on a carcass next to her, only causing her to break through it and fall again. Ryn frowned once again.

After attempting to get up for the third time, she turned towards the scavengers and took a step forward. "He's ours. So, if you want him, you go through us."

One man removed his mask. "We've already got him"

She blinked awkwardly. "All right then, I guess we'll go through you"

The man shrugged. "More food."

Both the women stood in front of their ship now, Brunnhilde bumping her fists together to active the ship's blasters. Mimicking her arm's movements, she stuck out her arms and the blasters fired, Ryn staying back.

The man, still on the floor, rolled over so his back was exposed to the crossfire.

When all the firing was over, the man threw the net off of him, getting up from the ground. He nodded at Brunnhilde. "Thank you"

Except Brunnhilde didn't respond. Instead, she flicked out her wrist, tossing a small disk onto his neck, which stuck to his skin. She then held up a small rectangular device, and electrocuted him, knocking him unconscious. Ryn gasped as she did so.

They both looked at him. Ryn looking with a concerned face, while Brunnhilde was looking at him with a bored face.

"I didn't know you were gonna do THAT!" Ryn exclaimed.

"We need him." said Brunnhilde.

She took the man by the arms and motioned for Ryn to help. She did so, grabbing his legs and hoisting him up to carry him to their ship, Ryn still staring at the unknown man.

One thing they didn't know however, was that the "unknown" man, was none other than the god of thunder himself, Thor Odinson.

=======================

THOR AWOKE WITH A GASP, attempting to move his arms, only being unable to move. He looked at his surroundings, noticing all the colors passing by as he sped through what looked like a hallway. As the colorful hall got more and more intense, Thor let out a scream.

Suddenly, he was in a room full of different people who looked like guards, and his scream stopped.

He looked in front of him, spotting a man dressed in red and blue robes. Having grey hair and a blue line going down his chin and neck. He studied Thor, suddenly making Thor feel very uncomfortable.

Thor then spotted the two women from the junkyard. The colorful man glanced at Brunnhilde, who stood on his left. "It is a he?"

She nodded. "It is a he"

Ryn made a strange face, confused on how the Grandmaster didn't know if it was a male or not.

"I-I love when you come to visit, 142 and 143. You guys just bring the best stuff." He looked to another woman on his right, dressed in heavy armor. "Whenever we get to talking, Topaz, about Scrapers 142 and 143, what do I always say? They are the... and it starts with a 'b'."

"Trash" the other woman said blatantly.

The Grandmaster's face dropped. "No. Not trash. We're you just waiting to call them that? It starts with a 'b'!"

"Booze heads."

Brunnhilde rolled her eyes while Ryn just glared at the woman. Grandmaster shook his head. "I am so sorry. Best. That's what I was thinking about. I always say you guys are the best. They brought me my beloved champions y'know.."

"You say that every time they're here"

He ignored her, looking back at Thor as he stared back. "What have you brought us today?"

"A Contender" Brunnhilde almost whispered

"What?" Thor boomed, his loud voice echoing throughout the room.

"You gotta take me closer, I wanna get a closer look at this!" Grandmaster said. As a smile slowly creeped upon his lips, the woman in the armor pushed his chair forward. He intensely studied Thor, who was still very visibly uncomfortable. "Pay these girls"

Thor started to squirm. "Just wait a damn minute! I'm not for sale!"

He broke out of his wrists restraints. Brunnhilde held up the rectangular device "Wait!"

Ryn held back a giggle as Brunnhilde pressed a button and once again electrocuted Thor. The Grandmaster chuckled. "Wow, he's a fighter."

Brunnhilde smirked. "We'll take ten million. Each"

"Tell her she's dreaming." Topaz said, clearing annoyed.

"For heavens sakes, transfer the units." he said, rolling his eyes. Brunnhilde looked over at Ryn, who looked back, and touched Grandmasters cheek before both started walking away. Thor softly pointed his finger at both of them. "You'll...pay for...this!"

"No, I got paid for this." Brunnhilde said avoiding his hand and disappearing behind the wall of guards behind them. Ryn quickly looked at Thor and gave him an apologetic look before disappearing as well.

========================

authors note:
that's the first chapter! this chapter was kind of meant to set up for the entire book, so sorry if it was a little boring! i can't wait for Thor and Ryn to finally meet omg. ok that's enough for now. see you next chapter.