eight < ANGRY GIRLS

ANGRY GIRLS

THE NEXT DAY, Brunnhilde and Ryn walked through the opening to Hulk and Thor's room

THE NEXT DAY, Brunnhilde and Ryn walked through the opening to Hulk and Thor's room. Brunnhilde kicked a staff at one of the guards, laughing as they walked away.

"Angry girls!" Hulk called out, holding a large hammer. Brunnhilde grinned as she ran over, ducking under his swing, Ryn casually walking behind. Brunnhilde kicked Hulk on the side, making a confused face when he fell over.

"What's going on?" Brunnhilde raised an eyebrow.

As she looked up, she saw Thor walking around a shelf, awkwardly propping his arm up, then taking it back down. Ryn smiled and quickly waved, hoping Brunnhilde didn't notice. Thor waved back, causing Brunnhilde to raise her eyebrows even more.

Brunnhilde stepped down the stairs. "You're so thick headed that you can't tell when someone's hiding across the universe and wants to be left alone."

"We need to talk" Thor said, walking to the middle of the room.

Ryn smiled eagerly. Opening her mouth to say something, Brunnhilde interrupted her. "No. You want to talk to us."

As Brunnhilde was walking away, Ryn slowly started behind her. Thor glanced over at Hulk. "I need them to stay."

Hulk went over to his bed, grabbing a piece and throwing it across the room. It crashed into the doorway, blocking them from leaving. "Stay! Please?"

Thor looked at the women. "Please."

Hulk picked up a ball, and threw it against a wall. Brunnhilde walked over to a shelf, picking up a bottle with liquid in it. "Alright. We'll listen to you, until this is empty."

Ryn sighed. "Oh no."

Brunnhilde raised the bottle to her lips, chugging it.

"Asgard is in danger, and we need your help to..." Thor stopped talking as he noticed the liquid was already gone.

Brunnhilde lowered their bottle, and wiped her lips. "Finished. Bye."

As they began walking away, Ryn put a hand on Thor's shoulder, except Thor refused to give up. "Odin is dead."

Brunnhilde turned around, looking at Thor. "Hela, the goddess of death has invaded Asgard."

Ryn kept her head down, having already known that Hela was back. Brunnhilde looked at her, sensing that she already knew. "You already knew!"

Ryn frowned. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to worry you!"

Thor stepped in. "Do not blame her. I made the mistake of telling her."

Brunnhilde sighed. "If Hela's back, then Asgard is already lost." Thor smirked, stepping forward. "I am going to stop her."

Brunnhilde raised her eyebrow. "Alone?"

"Nope. I'm putting together a team. It's me, you, Ryn, and the Big Guy." He stopped, pointing at the Hulk behind him. Hulk turned to look at Thor. "No! No team, only Hulk!"

Thor's smirk faded. "It's me, you, and Ryn."

Ryn squealed with excitement. "Let's do it!" Thor smiled at her.

Brunnhilde had a blank expression on her face. "I think it's just you and Ryn."

Thor stepped forward, blocking her from leaving. "Listen! The Valkyries are legends. Elite warriors of Asgard sworn to defend the throne."

Brunnhilde looked back at Thor. "I'm not getting into another one of Odin's family squabbles."

Thor furrowed his brows. "What does that mean?"

"Your sister. Her powers came from Asgard, the same as yours. When they grew beyond Odin's control, she massacred everyone in the palace, and tried to seize the throne. When she tried to escape her banishment, he sent the Valkyrie in to fight her back. I only survived because..." Brunnhilde's face faltered for a moment.

"To be honest, I have absolutely no clue how I survived." Ryn said. Thor and Brunnhilde looked back at her, giving her a confused look.

Brunnhilde looked back at Thor. "Look, I already faced her once, back when I believed in the throne and it cost me almost everything. That's what's wrong with Asgard. The throne, the secrets, the whole golden sham."

When she started to walk around him, Thor grabbed her wrist. Ryn watched from behind, hoping Brunnhilde would come around.

"I agree." Thor said. Brunnhilde smacked his hand away, quickly holding a sharp knife to his throat.

"Don't get familiar."

"I agree." Thor repeated, pushing the dagger below, only for Brunnhilde to raise another one in her other hand. "But this isn't about the crown. This is about the people. And they're dying. They are your people too."

"Forget it." Brunnhilde pushed Thor away. "I have."

"Okay." Thor nodded. Brunnhilde shrugged, "Okay."

"Good."

"Good."

"Thank you." Thor smiled.

Brunnhilde raised her eyebrow. "For what?"

"For this." Thor raised up a familiar golden rectangular box.

Ryn held in a laugh, thinking about how clever this Lord of Thunder was, as he took off the small disk. Brunnhilde glanced at Ryn and sighed.

"You know what? Go ahead." Thor said as Hulk joined Thor's side. "Stay here, and enslave people for that lunatic. Keep drinking, keep hiding. But I," Thor turned to Hulk, gesturing for him to give him the ball. Holding the ball, Thor looked back at Brunnhilde. "I choose to run towards my problems, and not run away from them."

Thor reaches his arm back, throwing the ball towards the window with a harsh force. "Because that's what–" He was cut off by the ball hitting him in the face, knocking him down. Thor jumped to his feet, throwing small punches to try and play it off. Ryn couldn't hold back her giggle this time. He pointed at Brunnhilde. "Because that's what heroes do."

Watching as Thor jumped out the window, Brunnhilde looked at Ryn. "Are you coming?"

Ryn frowned. "Brunnhilde.."

"You want to go don't you."

"We're always together. Never separated." Ryn said. "I think this will be good for us!"

Brunnhilde sighed. "Fine, but if something goes wrong, don't say I didn't warn you."

Ryn smiled, walking over and giving Brunnhilde a bear hug. "Love you."

"Love you too."

And with that, Ryn gracefully leaped out the window, searching for Thor, finally finding him in an old Quinjet.

"Hey!"

Thor jumped. "Oh. Hello. I'm glad you decided to come." He smiled.

"Couldn't miss an opportunity to get out of this place." Ryn smiled and patted him on the shoulder.

========================

author's note:
so sorry this took so long to update! i had major writers block but i finally finished! enjoy!