The Tina idea farm

Despite its endless contents, Newt's battered brown suitcase was surprisingly light in Tina's hands.

She trotted lithely down the corridor, experimenting with its weight in her hand, and snatched her leather coat from the rack on the way. Her ribcage gave a dull throb in response to the sudden movement.

Tina slipped it on, declaring that she was going out to anyone that could hear her.

The familiar sense of Queenie perusing her thoughts settled in, then her younger sister called after her, "Nifflers in a hospital? You're braver than I thought, Teen!"

Ignoring the playful quip, Tina almost closed the door behind her, then, remembering the house keys with a jolt, went for her wand. Smooth fabric grazed her fingers, and it dawned on Tina that her wand wasn't in her pocket anymore.

Melancholy threatened to wash over again at the loss of it, but Tina inhaled deeply and willed herself to stay strong. Nothing was stopping her today.

Peeking around the door, a meek expression replacing her smile, she glimpsed Theseus at the other end of the hall, talking to her sister.

"Keys, Theseus!" His head whipped up at the mention of his name. "Keys!" repeated Tina exasperatedly.

"Ah." He drew them from his pocket and yelled "Catch!" before tossing them high into the air. The keys sailed in a perfect arc before Tina caught them, stuffed them into her pocket, and shut the door behind her.

She strode down the garden path, every inch of her filled with purpose and determination. Determination to make Newt's extra two months in hospital more bearable for him. For all of them.

She slipped into a quiet alley and disapparated, arriving just outside the hospital a moment later.

Suitcase clutched tautly in a hand, Tina briskly walked through the doors.

The receptionist barely acknowledged her presence, but she didn't pay it a second thought. She was here to help her friend, and that's exactly what she was going to do.

Straight for the lifts, up to level seven, shooting right out of the lift and down the corridor- Tina was determined to make this the best two months that Newt had had in hospital.

Her hand faltered as she knocked on the door, doubt finally starting to settle in. But she made herself do it. Made herself knock once, then- stuff it.

Tina almost flung the door open.

Newt's head jerked up at the sudden movement, and Tina cringed. She nudged the rest of the door open- slowly- and wandered inside the room. The lights were off, but she could just make out Newt smiling, and it made her grin even wider.

"Hi."

"Hi."

A faint blush was automatically forming across Newt's cheeks- probably from the previous day. Already, she could feel herself flushing at the recollection of memories. How she'd hugged him tight, sat right next to him the whole time- Mercy Lewis- she'd kissed him- again...

Not properly, though, said the tiniest niggling voice inside of her. Tina shoved that voice down, down, where it wouldn't bother her anymore. Her own cheeks were growing warm, now.

Tina debated sitting next to him on the bed- he wasn't lying down today, either- but eventually sank into the cushioned chair next to the bed, subtly placing his case behind her.

Newt's eyes tracked every move- then lit up. Tina found herself staring, then, as he looked back at her, found herself locking eyes with him. Again.