The Tina idea farm: Back in business

"Hey Newt," chirped Tina breezily. "Got something exciting to do today."

Unfortunately, Newt only heard the first half, because the one hand she was using to hold open the door slipped, and she immediately went to stabilise the door with both hands.

And the towering stack of books she was carrying tumbled to the floor.

Both Newt and Tina cringed as the thick books landed with an assortment of thumps on the linoleum flooring, their pages rustling and splaying open. The latter set about picking them up, wedging her foot against the door to hold it open.

Newt moved to swing his legs over the bed, get up and help her, but the new cast around his leg yanked him back. With a wince, Newt was painfully reminded that he couldn't walk.

Instead, he withdrew his wand and pointed them at the books remaining on the floor, sending them floating languidly and neatly stacking themselves on the wooden bedside.

Tina gave him a grateful smile that sent his heart fluttering.

"Thanks. Theseus is coming in a bit later," she informed him, but Newt was busy craning his head to glimpse the titles of the books she'd brought.

He looked up at her. "What are you doing with Great Seers of the Eighteen-Hundreds?" Newt asked cautiously.

"Um..." mumbled Tina to give herself time to place the remaining books on the wood table. She plopped into the chair next to Newt's bed and rubbed her sore eyes.

Until far too late last night, she'd hit the closest wizarding bookstore and scoured the shelves for every book about prophecies she could find. Anything to help them figure out who the two mysterious names on the tag were.

"Unfogging the Future?" enquired Newt next, reaching over to lift up the book on top of the new stack Tina had just placed.

"Wait- I need to tell you something-" started Tina, pulling Newt's hand away; he was beginning to curiously flip through the book.

Newt stopped and looked up at her, eager for some context as to why his bedside was suddenly crowded with divination novels.

"I was going to bring a pack of cards today, but-" she gestured towards the books. "- This would probably be more helpful."

Newt still looked confused, but he didn't say anything, so Tina went on and told him the whole story.

By the time she'd reached the end, Newt's jaw was practically on the floor at the new information. Excited that he shared and related to her amazement, Tina eagerly brought up the initials on the name tag.

To her surprise- and slight fear, at first- Newt almost instantaneously withdrew from his glittering awe-filled state. Now he looked concerned... calculating.

"See- Tina... I think I know who the second one is," he finally told her, as if speaking more to himself than to the woman sitting opposite him.

She leaned forward slightly, hanging on to his every word. Her dark eyes glittered with excitement as she asked, "Really?"

"Yes. See, I- it was A.P.W.B.D, you say?"

Tina nodded vigorously. "A.P... whatever whatever."

Her mouth quirked to the side at seeing Newt smiling lightly at her response. He seemed more confident now, and when he spoke next, it was laced with a smidge more certainty.

"I know who that is. That's Dumbledore," he muttered softly. "That's my old school teacher."

"What?"