Alright

Christmas was well and truly underway, though it took longer than it should have for the realisation to slam into the six.

It began when a full-page article was printed in the Daily Prophet entirely on owls getting burnt out from carrying oversized Christmas packages to friends and family.

Then when Queenie took to magically sewing everyone Christmas sweaters.

Then when everyone actually began wearing them.

And by December the 15th, the household was in full Christmas spirit swing, with Theseus' constant off-key singing of God Rest, Ye Merry Hippogriffs heard throughout, and all of them chipping in to put up a Christmas tree in the drawing-room (which had been cleaned of feathers since Newt and Tina's pillow fight).

The nifflers were kept under strict supervision after they were caught stealing baubles from the tree on five different occasions.

However, nobody really had the time to look after them, between Newt's progress back to walking, Tina juggling her career from a different country, Queenie cooking up a storm twenty-four, seven (which she insisted that she was more than happy to do), Jacob chipping in a little everywhere (especially with helping Queenie and Leta), Theseus being constantly tied up in his ministry load, and Leta working to make sure that the natural flow of the household didn't go down in flames while everyone was absorbed in their own chaos.

Things began to gain control by the 20th, with ministries across the globe finishing up for the year. Theo and Tina had plenty of time to help with everything else, which was lucky, because if Nick Holden had sent them a letter a week earlier, then it would've gone unnoticed in the midst of all the havoc.

The letter wasn't long- he was writing simply to inform them that he hoped everyone was well and that if Newt was ready, he would be more than happy to help him to walk again without crutches.

Plenty of eager reactions were met with the note, and it was settled.

A couple of days later, as promised, there was a knock at the front door, and the six of them practically scrambled over each other to reach the door first.

It had been almost three weeks since Newt left the hospital for good, and three weeks since any of them had seen Nick.

"Hi!" he piped as soon as the door was whipped open.

"Hi, Nick!" they chorused back.

Nick gave a fierce grin. His freckled cheeks were flushed from the cold, and it was the first time that any of them had seen him wearing anything other than his turquoise uniform. Instead, he'd donned a red and green knitted sweater, with a matching beanie.

In his hands, he held a red wrapped box, tied up nicely with a fat green bow.

"Merry Christmas!" he announced, noticing their eyes drifting towards the gift box. He held it out to none of them in particular.

Theseus accepted it, being the given head of their family. Partly because they were all living in his and his wife's house.

Nick was hurriedly ushered inside to escape from the snowy weather outside, and they insisted that he stay for lunch.

Which he did.

They all eagerly lapsed into conversation over steaming vegetable pies and roasted potatoes, and Nick sent his apologies on Charlotte's behalf that she couldn't come with him again. It was understandable, though- getting around was difficult when you were stuck in a wheelchair.

The seven chattered endlessly about any and every topic of their interest, with the occasional comforting lapse into silence, bar the clinking of cutlery.