Flapjacks

People trickled off to explore and Canada went to find his nephew. His jacket was heavy but flowed like the snow and his hair was only partly put up and tied with a red ribbon.

    "Austin?" He asked seeing the Texan digging in the fridge with a few things on the counter.
        "Si?"
            "What are you doing, eh?"
                "Makin' flapjacks n' bac'n'"

Matthew thought over the response before remembering what it ment. "Want some help?" He asked, he was the king of pancakes after all.
    "Si por favor" Austin said looking at him, his eyes saying he was barely awake enough to realize he was being spoken and not to even concider he the language he was speaking. Matthew had learnt that Austin was basically on auto pilot until he had food then he would actually wake up.

    "Sit down, I'll make it for you ok?" Matthew said gently pushing Austin to sit down on a stool at the breakfast bar. Austin sat and rested his head in his arms, no doubt trying to catch up on some sleep.

Matthew made a plate for himself, and the others that had followed the smell of pancakes. Witch had been Valentine, Molossia, Peter, Landonia, and Alfred, who asked if he could make a plate for Jackson who had to do something.

    He placed the plate in front of everyone one by one before sitting in between Alfred and where Jackson was to sit. Matthew drowned his pancakes in syrup and the other's slowly got theirs to their liking.

    "Austin?" Molossia said getting the teen's attention who looked at him, "What's the cowboy word for pancakes?"

"Flapjacks"

"Oh bloody hell, I couldn't believe you could ruin my language anymore" Arthur groaned.
    "Please sweet'art let the sane people eat 'eir damn food. Tio Maple made it for us for a reason" Austin sighed. The insult flew right over Arthur's head but he still was pissed.

    "Speak bloody proper english!"
"That's just his southern drawl, he cuts off parts of words without thinking. Calm down Iggy" Alfred defended.

    "Come on, we're havin' breakfast" Allistor sighed picking up Arthur who proceeded to throw a hissy fit. Allistor just kept walking to get to the kitchen.

    "He's not a morning person" Vermont laughed drinking the syrup from the bottle.
"Nope" Peter sighed but happily ate his pancakes.

Elsewhere

"So you still-" Finland hesitated to say the rest.

    "Remember? Yeah." Jackson hummed looking down.

"How?" Denmark asked, "how does Alfred and Matthew not remember but you can't?"

    "They had their memory wiped, I didn't. I wasn't with them when it happened, I could do nothing, I was miles away from them. I don't even know who casted the damn spell on them" Jackson explained.

    "I'll handle that" Norway said with no emotion, his nose buried in the magic book.

"'m gl'de your back Jacks'n" Sweden said ruffling the teen's hair.

    "Yeah, so I'm I. I hope whatever that book hold will make them remember." Jackson sighed thinking of the way his siblings were before.

"I'm sure we'll figure it out, book ot no book" Iceland said.

    "I hope so, I asked Al to get Mattie to make me some breakfast so I should probably talk to 'em 'bout it, I'll see y'all later" He got a range of goodbyes as he headed to the kitchen.

    "Howdy, thanks for breakfast Mattie" Jackson smiled sitting next to him.
"No problem, eh" Matthew smiled.

People walked in and out. China talked to the children seeing as they were all very calm and sleepy since it was early morning for three of them and late at night for the other two. Yao seemed to be happier when talking to the children, as he was missing when his own were this small.

Eventually everyone ate and got back to the meeting room. A few more chairs were added for the states but Vermont pulled her's to the wall and perched herself on her father's armrest and Austin just preferred sitting with his dad.

"Who's going to-a read?" Northern Italy smiled holding up the book with a bit of difficulty.

"I'll read i', hand i' over" Vermont smiled, it was lopsided but welcoming. Rome took it from him and tossed it across the table where America caught it before it hit Austin in the face.

    "Nice aim, wrong face" Austin commented adjusting himself in the chair.

"Ah, sorry" Rome laughed. The boy just shrugged.

"Alrigh' Let's do dis!" Vermont smiled. Flipping to the newest moveable page, "Let the magic happen"