Oh Star Boy

Austin hid away in the room that bared his name. He sat in complete silence and he stared down at his hands that were folded in his lap as he sat crisscross.

He was silent and kept his head down.

"Austin?" Alfred asked leaning against the door, "can I come in?" He was met with silence. But he went inside either way.

He saw Austin and his heart broke a little as he closed and locked the door.

He saw star charts around half of the room, the texan flag pinned above the bed with smaller flags of the countries that held power over his land at some point and a Canadain flag for his service in their military way back when.

"Austin" He said softly walking over and kneeling down at the edge of the bed trying to see Austin's face. Austin turned his head away from him. That's when Alfred realized Austin was crying.

"Aussie" Alfred sighed and sat on the bed. He carefully pulled Austin in a hug. Austin clinged into his bomber jacket and sobbed. Alfred let him and held him close. Austin rarely showed how he felt.

Alfred settled on the one thing that could calm down the teen.

"The stars at night, are big and bright,

Deep in the heart of Texas,

The prairie sky is wide and high,

Deep in the heart of Texas.

The sage in bloom is like perfume,

Deep in the heart of Texas,

Reminds me of, the one I love,

Deep in the heart of Texas.

The coyotes wail, along the trail,

Deep in the heart of Texas,

The rabbits rush, around the brush,

Deep in the heart of Texas.

The cowboys cry, "Ki-yip-pee-yi, "

Deep in the heart of Texas,

The dogies bawl, and bawl and bawl,

Deep in the heart of Texas."

He drew out the last verse and looked down at the boy. He was asleep.

"Aussie, my dear lone star. What am I going to do with you" Alfred hummed taking out his ponytail and running his figures threw his hair. The stubborn curl that represented the highest point of his territory which was in wyoming if he remembered right.

Alfred moved Austin to be under the covers after taking off the boy's poncho and cowboy hat that had been around his neck. The cross he had for god knows how long resting against his chest. Alfred pulled the covers over the boy and kissed his forehead.

Alfred stood and took a good look at the room. Austin's side was covered by charts of stars and solar systems as well as the map of his territory, well then country with photos pinned onto it of what each place looks like. From desert to forest floors to winter wonderland.

He gave out a fond sigh before looking at the other side and instantly knew who he was sharing with. Molossia.

It had his flag on the wall and pictures of places in Nevada and California. Photos of him, Dean, Alec and Cadence at different places. Alec and Cadence are in most of them but there are different siblings are some of the photos. A large family portrait of all the states, territories and micronations.