Chapter 17- You again (15 days to go)

I straightened out my dress and after sliding on some heels, headed out.

It was very early and no one else was awake, but I had a meeting before the day's event. I was helping at the Children's hospital all day as part of the new programme I had joined.

It's a way for me to help the vulnerable children in my area, but I also just enjoy being around them. I've never had children of my own and it hurts a little, but I have Violetta and she's all I need.

Anyway, children have never been practical. Probably never will be.

I shoved the thoughts into the back of my mind. I couldn't think about them if I wanted to survive today.

My meeting went slow.

From 5am to 9am, I listened as my manager spoke in monotone to potential clients over video chat and I felt like slipping back home.

I could sneak in and lie on the sofa, maybe someone would wake me if I fell asleep. Maybe it would be German. Maybe we would talk about something and it would lead to talking about us. About how strange things are. About how one minute he wont kiss me and the next he will. It's like he's fighting with himself over whether he should or shouldn't. I just wish I could understand why.

After daydreaming for the entire meeting and wondering why my presence was even necessary, I made my way through town to the Children's hospital. I didn't have to take that route, it would have been much easier to go another way, yet I knew German often took a walk into town before his shift and I was secretly hoping to bump into him.

I was humming a song happily as I walked, eyes on my feet as I watched my heels click, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I instantly turned with a wide grin expecting German to stand before me.

Yet it wasn't.

"Someone's happy to see me eh? Knew you missed me sweetheart."

"You again." I said swallowing the lump in my throat, "What do you want Pablo?"

"I want you."

I took a step back and tried to gain some confidence.

"Well you don't always get what you want."

Pablo smiled and came as close as he could to me, so there was no space in between us.

"I always get what I want." he said, "and you can't deny that you want me back Angie. I'm offering you it, so what are you playing at."

I took a deep breath, the space between us was strangling me, all the old feelings muffling my voice.

"You love me Angie. You can claim that you don't. That you love your boyfriend. Yet you don't, you'll never love him like you love me."

His hand found its way onto my cheek and my voice was trapped in my throat, for so long this is all I had wanted.

"We can have our family."

Then he kissed me. He was rough and forceful, but it was his kiss, the kiss I had longed for. He stood before me and told me everything I wanted to hear him say. Then he kissed me. He made the first move.

When the kiss was over, I felt someone looking at me. I turned to see German there across the road, his eyes filled with sorrow.

Instantly, I pulled away from Pablo and ran.

{ On another note: I'd like to apolgise, but I have decided not to do a HILMT 4. It was my first collection and although it was very important to me, it was an old me. I don't write the same and ideas are a lot different for me now. I don't feel that HIMLT 4 will be of anyones intrest, it would be boring and repetitive so I've changed my mind. I will probably write an epilougue for it though and add it on. I will be producing new books too.}