Find her

Alex's pov

It's been weeks since I attacked the rogue pack and my wolf is starting to get restless again. I cant keep going on like this. At this rate, it's only a matter of time before one of my pack members piss me off and I kill them on accident.

I never wanted to be this way. Once I dreamed of raising a family of my own with a loving mate, now all I can think of is killing the mate I once dreamed of spending my lift with.

A cracking sound rouses me from my thoughts. Looking down I realise I've been gripping my desk in an attempt to control myself, which has resulted in another ruined desk now in two parts.

"Hunter, join me in my office". I link him.

It doesn't take Hunter long to join me.

"Yes Alex?".

"How goes the search Hunter, please tell me you have something. My wolf needs this to end, we've suffered long enough".

"Unfortunately even with all the leads and rumoured sighting, I have throughly tracked down and investigated every singe one, leading to nothing but dead ends. Wherever she's hiding out there she's like a ghost". He informs me.

I start growling at the thought of her avoiding me and my wrath.

He quickly continues "But... I've got a contact who owes me a favour. There mixed up in all sorts of shady dealings in the underground. I'm starting to think maybe it's possible someone is protecting her and keeping her hidden from is. The only people capable of such a feat would be the big guys running things down in the underground". He says.

I think about this, maybe he's right. It would explain way I haven't found a trace of her still being alive. I meant she did steal almost all the packs funds before she left so she could easily afford that kind of protection. If it wasn't for this pain she causes me to feel through the bond every single day, even after 6years, then I wouldn't even be sure she was still alive.

The underground is where anything illegal can be found. Fighting rings, check. Paranormal specific drugs, check. Slaves, check. Paranormal clubs, brothels and gambling. check, check and check. You need to acquire anything shady, you go to the underground. She's probably paid for protection down there and fucking her way through all the men while she's at it...

"I need you to find her Hunter, I'm slowly getting closer to an edge that I don't think even you can bring me back from. I've waited 6years in pain, while she's off living her life after betraying me and her pack. They all see her as a traitor, and want justice for her crimes almost as much as I do".

"I plan to head out in the morning for the underground too meet my friend. All going to plan I should have a definite answer to if she is hiding out there or not by tomorrow night.

"Good, I want her in my cells as soon as possible". I state.

When she left the pack was left with nothing. No Luna, no money and a broken alpha. I was useless after she left, I didn't even bother looking after my pack anymore. Vaughn and I were a mess, we stopped caring about everything. We shut ourselves up in my room in the pack house, not wanting others to be subject to our fits of rage. One minute I was fine then the next the pain would start, Vaughn usually took over at that stage knowing his mate was with another. This went on for weeks, everyday being forced to endure the pain multiple times a day. It was hunter who saved us, made me start to care about my pack and look after them again. I used that pain to fuel myself, to remind my that i need to keep going for my pack, and that one day I'll have her back in my grasp. One day I'll make her pay for the pain. I'll make her regret turning me into a monster.