Epiloge 6 months later

Apologies for taking so long but I've had a lot going on in my life. My partner and I found out we were expecting our first child before Christmas, but when we went to our fist scan we were told that the baby was too small compared to what it should be and may not survive. So even though I've been in bed rest anytime I'm not at work I simply haven't been in the right mind frame to write. I've tried getting these chapters done on many different occasions over the last few months but have never been able to get anywhere with them.

Last week we went for another scan to find out the baby had caught up in growth a bit so now we should be in the all clear. At were out of the first trimester.

Again apologies but my family comes first. Also this chapter hasn't been edited yet.

Alex's Pov

After the witches left I decided it best that I move my family out into a cottage further away from the other pack buildings. Deeming it best to have Meagan around as few people as possible while she adjusts to not having the poison in her body anymore.

We moved here 3 days after she woke up. Since then she has spent nearly all her time here.

I wake in the morning with her beside me in bed, I spend the day off doing pack business and return in the afternoon to spend time with both Rosalie and Meagan. At night Meagan can either be fund sleeping with Rosalie or sleeping on the end of my bed.

It's been 6 months now and everything seems to be going smoothly. We're acting like a normal family but there's just one little problem. Meagan still hasn't changed back to human form since the witches cleansed her of the poison. She's spent her whole time in her wolf, well at least I thought she had.

I've started to notice things out of place around the house and at first I put it down to Rosalie moving things. I didn't think much of it till I came out one morning to find plates and cups on the bench. I wouldn't have noticed it if it hadn't been for the fact I cleaned the whole kitchen last night and Rosalie was staying at a friends house. No one could have got in the house and the only other person here was Meagan, and I'm 100% sure a wolf wouldn't have been able to move these plates and cup around.

I decide to test my theory by staying awake tonight and seeing what happens.

So here I am, 2am in the morning playing games on my phone in an attempt to stay awake when I hear movement out in the hallway. Locking my phone I listen carefully and hear was distinctly sounds like someone walking on two feet past my room. Funny enough the only person living down that hall is Meagan. So she is changing back to human form, just when no ones around.

I wait a few minutes before leaving my room and silently head downstairs to the kitchen where I hear noises coming from.

Peeking around the corner staying hidden in the shadows as to not alert Meagan to my presence, I observe her silently.

She's standing at the bench fiddling with the new coffee machine I just recently bought. Letting out a frustrated sigh she stomps over to the dinner table and begins trying to read what appears to be the manual for the coffee machine. With my heightened hearing I can clearly hear her trying to sound out the words like a child would when they first start learning to read. Desirée did say she would need to relearn everything as a human, and the only reason she could talked before was her wolf help. Looks like she's trying to teach herself.

After 10 minutes of failing to get past the first sentence Meagan's finally had enough. First throwing the manual across the room before getting up and doing the same with my coffee machine.

Stepping from the shadows I make myself known. "Now what did my poor coffee machine do to deserve to be viciously murdered?".

Startled by my appearance she whips around to face me in shock and stutters out the most words I've heard from her since she came back. 

"E..e..every th..ing is s.so dif...different n...now. I don't f..feel com..for..table when I h..have no idea h...how to act be...being human any..any..more. I..I..it's l..like Lear..Ning to w..walk all o..o..over again. M..my min..ds so jumbled, I c..can bare..ley re..read any..thing any..more".

She finishes before dropping to the floor and bursting into tears. Rushing to her side I pull her into my arms and comfiest her.

"Don't worry, I'll be here beside you every step of the way and I can help you learn again. When ever you feel like being human be human, when you want to be wolf be wolf. It doesn't matter to me as long as I have you and Rosalie, and she doesn't care either, she just wants her mum around".

She seems to be taking what I said in when she nods and kisses my cheek before turning back into her wolf.

Picking her up I carry her back to our room to sleep.

We will have to take it Day by day but we will get there in the end.