Preperations

Had a bit of spare time today so 2 updates 😘 hope your all enjoying the book so far. Thanks for reading!!

After a restless nights sleep, I finally gave up hopes of sleeping shortly after 5am. Dressing and heading to my office for some peace and quite to be able to sort through all these thoughts and feelings I have.

How long had she been living in hell? That boss guys said he purchased her while she was still pregnant as she gave birth there. That means she would have spent 5 years there, if she had really been there 5 years wouldn't she have been in worse condition from all the fighting. But then again she is apparently feral, that in itself implies some pretty significant damage has occurred to make that happen. And who the hell could she have been purchased off?

He also mentioned that she was still waiting for me to save her, even after she was in hell. Why would she think that I would have wanted to come and save her. Sure I wanted her back, but only so I could hurt her. If I had known that she was in hell all this time, I'd probably have left her there for a while just so she could suffer there before I drug her back kicking and screaming. I've heard the rumours of the things that go on in places like that, none of them good.

I'm roused from my thoughts by the sound of the door opening.

"Damn man, you look like absolute crap. Did you stay up all night?" Hunter queries.

"Yes I just couldn't get to sleep after everything that happened. I just can't stop thinking about it all. I mean how do I go 5 years without knowing I have a daughter. Our wolves are meant to be able to sense when we have a pup once the pregnancy is 3 months along. How the hell have I went years without knowing. I just feel like she's stolen that time from me that I can never get back. I've lived years thinking I knew what happened but some of the things that guy said made me wonder if I know the whole story. I feel concern about this death match but at the same time I don't. After genuinely hating her for the last 6 years it's confusing to feel something other than hatred towards her". I confess

"I understand how you feel, though my feelings may not be quite as intense as yours since she's you mate, but she was my best friend here. What she did to you hurt me and the pack to. We all hated her for what she turned you into. Seeing her last night made me want to go protect my best friend, but another part of me still hates her for what she did and wanted to see her suffer in the life she's created for herself. How are you going to get any answers from here if she's feral? And that's all dependent on her winning this fight in 2 weeks". Hunter asks.

That's the one problem I've been trying to think of a solution to. "It seems that there's only one option for me to take. On the slight chance that she makes it through the fight, we need to have a specialised room ready for her here. Once here, I'm going to have to try my best to reach her humanity and put her back together again. Pretend to be the loving caring mate that I use to be and trick her. Then I can ask her my questions. If I can't bring her back from being feral than she will have to be put down, that's our laws as she's too risky to others".

"But what happens if you do bring her humanity back and find out she really did do everything we thought she did?". Hunters asks.

"Well then my friend, after building her back up I'll have to destroy her all over again". Though this time around I think I'll destroy myself too.

We sit in silence for a while stuck in our own thoughts until I break it.

"Hunter I do have a couple tasks for you. Firstly I need you to make alterations to the room next to mine to hold Meagan if I bring her back, and second I need you to organise my schedule so I'm free to go to hell in 2 weeks for the match".

"Sure thing Alex, I'll get onto that straight away". Tilting his head in respect he leaves me to my thoughts.

.........................................

2 weeks later

It's the day before the big fight in hell and I'm completely rattled with nerves. I've barely spent much time with Rosalie with everything that's going on, I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable around her but it's still just so new to me.

I'm on my way to check that Hunter had finished working on the room that shall house Meagan if she is to make it through tomorrow. As I approach the room I can see hunter working with a mass of wires that seem to run some pretty high tech security system.

"How are you going on the room Hunter? It needs to be finished for tomorrow just incase".

"It's pretty much done Alex, just got to finish working this door and we're good to go. I've taken down the plaster and put up reinforced steel around the room that has silver mixed in it, no wolf could get through it and the silver would make them to weak to keep trying. I've removed most objects from the room since she would just tear them up being feral, I've just left the bed in there. There is a compartment in the door you can put food in which will give it to her on the other side incase she's to aggressive for us to get near safely. The door itself had multiple locking mechanisms and can only be opened by a human, in wolf form it's impossible to get this door open. Also it's about a foot thick so good luck getting past that. I've also put multiple cameras and sensors up so we can monitor her to make sure she doesn't hurt herself our anyone else in the room. As another precaution I've put in vents that allow a fast acting sleeping gas to be released into the room incase she gets out of hand or is hurting herself".

"Good work Hunter, go get some rest and finish this off tomorrow. I'll be going to hell alone tomorrow night, and hopefully be bringing Meagan home with me and getting one step closer to the truth I crave".

I head to my room and open the container of pills on my bedside table. Shaking out 2 I wash them down with some water. These sleeping pills that doc gave me are the only thing that's been getting me to sleep these last couple weeks. Climbing under my blankets I feel the pills taking effect making me drowsy and before I know it I'm nodding off to sleep. When I wake, it will be the day of the fight.