Aftermath

1.1k reads :)

So I know people want some chapters of Meagan's pov, but at the moment I've planned out the book so it will explain what has happened to her but it won't be in her pov. So I've got a few options of what I could do and want everyone's input. Here are the options, please vote for what you prefer. :)

1. Rearrange the end of the book and ad in chapters in Meagan's pov. (Not sure it will flow properly)

2. Add them as bonus chapters after the epilogue.

3. Do a new short story  in Meagan's pov of what was going on with her leading up to this book.

I come to still lying on my back on the pack house floor with Hunter looking down at me.

"I'm assuming I'm not dead if I'm still staring at your ugly mug". I mutter.

"So nice to see you return to the land of the living, it was pretty touch and go there for a while".

Trying to sit up pain radiates through my body reminding me of my injuries. Looking around I may no longer be bleeding but I'm still lying in a pool of my own blood.

"Hunter what happened after I pasted out, and why the hell am I still alive? And why do you look so damn calm". I growl out in pain.

"Alex your not only my alpha, your my best friend. I've known since the beginning that you wanted to end your life but your wolf wouldn't allow it, that you always hoped that the next battle we went in would be your last. I know you and your wolf, I know you may have wanted to kill her but in the end you wouldn't be able to go through with it. I respected your decision to go through with this suicidal plan in the hopes that you could both bring each other back from the darkness. Thankfully that risk seems to have paid off".

He glances to the side and I follow his line of to see Meagan watching us from the corner, she isn't growling nor running out the open door not 5 metres from her. I guess that's a good sign.

Hunter continues with his explanation. "I was about to interfere with your fight when Meagan suddenly stopped attacking you. She backed off slightly, then next thing I know she's licking your chest and neck frantically trying to stop the blood flow and help you heal, except it wasn't working. Your heart rate continued to slow down until it stopped. You died Alex". I stare at him shocked as he waits for me to comprehend what he just said before continuing.

"As soon as your heart stopped Meagan became frantic. Suddenly her eyes became solid green as she focused on you body, then the most amazing thing happened. Your heart started beating and your wounds partly healed so they were no longer bleeding. She used the mate bond to give you her strength, she bought you back".

She what? But why? Looking over to Meagan as soon as we make eye contact I see a small flash of green before her eyes go black and she looks away.

"Also she allowed me to look you over, but she wouldn't allowing me to move you". Hunter chuckles.

"Now your injuries will take a few days to heal completely so I suggest you have a good rest here while you have the place to yourselves".

"No Hunter I don't have time to rest, I have pack work I need to do. I'll rest in my office". Attempting to stand Meagan is suddenly in my face snarling making sure I don't get up.

This causes Hunter to start laughing. "Looks like someone isn't going to let you work. I suggest you head to your room to rest or you might be in trouble".

"Fine I'll go to my room". I state loudly.

This causes Meagan to back off into the corner again.

Helping me stand, Hunter assists me to my room. No way would I have had the energy to get myself up the stairs right now. I can hear the clicking of claws on the hardwood floor behind us as Meagan follows at a distance, still not wanting to get too close.

After getting into bed Hunter suggests that he brings me food when needed for the next couple days. Since even though Meagan is currently behaving with him, we're not taking the risk off allowing others around her right now.

"Do you want me to return her to her room?". Hunter asks.

"No, she can have free roam of the house, she just isn't aloud to leave. What's the worse that can happen, she kills me again". I joke.

"Well I guess I'll leave you too it then, link me if you need me, seems at least this one might actually keep you from doing any work".

Meagan walks over and curls up in the corner as Hunter bids his fair well. I look at her watching me closely. Looks like she's my guard dog for the next few days.