Chapter 6: Rendezvous

Location: Safehouse
2400 Hours

It was now midnight. The survivors including the father and daughter were now sleeping in separate rooms, everyone except the soldiers were all sleeping. Mitchell is in the living room wearing his armor and exo suit. He is reloading his MP11 Goliath by putting 4.6mm rounds in the magazine. Miguel is in his full body armor and exo suit. Ramirez is in the balcony with Alex, both are seating down in a chair watching the streets that have no signs of civilians or zombies since they draw them away. Miguel is in a bedroom not far away from the kitchen wearing his full body armor and exo suit. He is hacking a few security cameras near the bridge using his wrist computer to see the situation in the bridge near the safehouse.

"Commander." Miguel said. Mitchell got up from his seat and went towards the bedroom. "You might wanna take a look at this." He motions to come forward.

Miguel activated a hologram that shows a live video feed of the bridge. It was hell. There were several vehicles in fire both civilian and military and the entire police force has completely been overrun by the infected.

"Mitchell," Alex said to his comms. "Police forces on Onbetsu Bridge has completely been overrun."

"I can see it. Miguel is showing me a live feed right now." Mitchell said. "Tagaki's residence is only 800 meters away from that bridge." Mitchell went to his comms and contacted Kingpin.

"Kingpin. This is Dagger 0-1. What's the situation on Tagaki's residence. Over?"

"Dagger 0-1. The good news is that the mansion has already finished securing the perimeter about 600 meters." Kingpin said and Mitchell sighed in relief. "Bad news is that by sunrise the infected will probably waiting for you. There were also severe road blockages around that area. You'll have to take a detour in order to make it to the house."

"Acknowledge. 0-1 out." Mitchell talked to his entire team in the helmet comms. "Will leave tomorrow at 0700. Clear."

"Clear." They all said.

7 hours later

Everyone is now fully awake and are now getting ready to leave. Hirano is now wearing a body armor that he found in the armory, while Takashi wears his usual attire. The girls had changed their clothes and looked more battle-ready. They all had changed from their pajamas into their now clean school uniforms, fit with knee and elbow pads to help their combat. The father named Daisuke Maresato is wearing a new attire. He changed his formal attire to something more casual. He is now wearing tan khaki pants, a red shirt, and a black jacket. His daughter Alice stayed the same while holding a puppy named Zero.

Mitchell is in the living room with everyone as they are packing up some food, medical supplies and weapons courtesy of Hirano.

"Alright pack up your things were leaving at 5 minutes." Mitchell said to the group. He took an Atlas 45 in the armory and gave it to Daisuke. "You'll need it sir."

"Alright. Thank You." The man thanked him and bowed. Mitchell returned it as well. While living with his girlfriend he learned how Japanese bowed to say there thanks.

In the kitchen, Joseph Ramirez is with Hirano. They are getting the weapons they've got at the bedroom and our packing them in a bag. Ramirez puts the bulldog shotgun at the bag, while Hirano is loading his vest with magazines.

"You good kid." He asked

"Yep. Thank You for making me keep this weapon." Hirano said containing his excitement since they allowed him to use firearms.

"No problem. C'mon, let's go." He said picking up the bag of weapons he stored and went to the living room with Hirano in tow.

Mitchell looks towards everyone seeing everybody now present. "Everyone got everything they need?" The group nods. "Alright, let's get moving." He said.